Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

gepe1981
Journeyman III

RX 6800 XT and USB type C out

Hi all,

When I connect my monitor with cable USBC->HDMI on the USB type C out on my RX 6800 XT, I  have a issue when I start my computer. My screen is black and stay on standby. I need to stop ma computer, unplug my supply, wait a few second, plug my supply and restart my computer.

I have 3 monitors. 1 on HDMI, 1 on display port out->hdmi, 1 on usbC->hdmi

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

The USB-C port is only used for connecting a VR Headset to the card.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

hi ,

i have problems with usb-c connector too , for now i renounced to use it ... the monitor plugged on usb-c makes weird noises when in sleep mode by me only on usb-c (like if monitor wakes up from sleep mode but it don't)
I use a not too expensive adaptator (regarding to user comments on amazon, seemed ok) "usb-c to display port" , problem can eventually come from that , i don't know

if someone using usb-c and if it's working as intended that info could help maybe , and if can tell what type of adaptator is using

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

The USB-C port is only used for connecting a VR Headset to the card.

mmh i don't find anything about that , when i connect my third screen to it , it works fine until my computer goes to sleep mode (then i have those "strange" noises) but except that i don't see any reason it couldn't be used as a monitor connector too .. vr headset is a monitor

?

0 Likes