Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

zeromatsuri
Adept I

Rx 6700 xt cable

Hello sorry to bother you
i was thinking about buying a Rx 6700 Xt (leaving Nvidia behind since the prices are becoming crazy)
to plug it the shop says that i'll need 2x8 pins connectors, i have one but i was wondering if i need two
like for exemple my actual cable is plugged into the PSU and it separate into two "head" both of those are 6+2 pin connector
or do i need 1 6+2 pins connector plugged into my PSU and then another one ?

PSU : Be Quiet! Power Zone 750w 80+ Bronze

Sorry for my bad english and thank you for taking to time to read this.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MADZyren
Paragon

While pretty much all modern PSUs are single rail, it is recommended to have two cables.

8 pin and 6+2 pin are electrically the same thing.

If you have 750W PSU, it likely came with at least two cables for GPU. If it's non-modular, the other cable is just zip-tied. If it's modular, you should have the other cable somewhere.

Notice that you can't just get any cable from any PSU as different PSU manufacturers use different pin-layout. In worst case you'll fry something.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

While pretty much all modern PSUs are single rail, it is recommended to have two cables.

8 pin and 6+2 pin are electrically the same thing.

If you have 750W PSU, it likely came with at least two cables for GPU. If it's non-modular, the other cable is just zip-tied. If it's modular, you should have the other cable somewhere.

Notice that you can't just get any cable from any PSU as different PSU manufacturers use different pin-layout. In worst case you'll fry something.

My PSU is fully modular
i found a cable PCIe 6+2 from the exact same constructor it should be ok no ?
or do i need some kind of building code to know the very exact same cable ?

0 Likes

I don't know for sure, but if it is from same brand... I'd juse it. Just use it and keep your fingers crossed. You'll know soon enough

i found the box of my PSU and there was another PCIe 6+2 cable ! thank you for the help