cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

markomare93
Journeyman III

RSR RX 500 Series

Any chance AMD is goin to give support for RX400/500 and Vega series RSR and FSR 2.0 not all people have money to buy newer GPU's.? 

1 Solution

i guess its time to upgrade to nvidia

View solution in original post

16 Replies
naikz187
Adept II

I really hope so brother. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hello, Everyone, 

About FSR 2.0. Yes, it will support the Radeon RX 590​ (1080p) and Radeon RX Vega Series​ (1440p). We published a blog about this topic on March 23: AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 GDC 2022 Announcements. Check it out, it's a great read.

About RSR; it will work on the Radeon RX 5000 and RX 6000 series discrete GPUs. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

Hi Sam,

I checked the link out. It says 590 and above. Will my dear old 570 also be compatible ?

Hi @naikz187 

I just checked with one of my colleagues, unfortunately FSR 2.0 won't support your 570. But give me a day or two, I'm going to ask the folks in the product team.  

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Thank you very much for the feedback. Much appreciated !!!

Hello again @naikz187 

I did hear back from the product team. They mentioned the following, which is already in the blog...

"One thing to keep in mind, though, is that your gaming experience may vary with these hardware suggestions. Depending on your specific system specifications, the system requirements of individual games that support FSR 2.0, and your target resolution, you may be still able to have a good upscaling experience on lower-performing or older GPUs than listed below."

“To start, though, we do want to say that as an open-source cross-platform solution, we are not placing any constraints on FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 compatibility, and what we are talking about here are recommendations for an optimal experience using the technology.”

With the above in mind, you may disregard my original response. (Plus, thanks to your question, and having checked with the right folks here at AMD - I've learned something new!)

I hope you find this information helpful. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Thank you very much for your effort, This is Fantastic news !!!

One more thing @naikz187 this was just posted today: 

Meet the Experts Webinar - Introducing AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition

RSR will be covered during the webinar...worth checking out?

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes

Absolutely !!! Thank  You

0 Likes

i guess its time to upgrade to nvidia

Nah Bro, AMD wont let us down. Stick it out brother. Team Red for the win.

Thank you for the kind words and your support! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes

Yes next my gpu  = nvidia and never buy again amd gpu! amd 10 years have very bad hardware encoder for streams.Now is 2022 and if u have amd gpu u stream pixel mesh! and if u play fast games + webcam omg who on webcam? hello mister pixel

0 Likes

Sorry for your bad experience bro. To be totally honest AMD is great 99.9999999% of the time. Perhaps reevaluate how you rig is currently setup, make some tweaks and browse through the AMD Forums. Im pretty sure you will find really helpfull informative content that can assist with your issues. 

0 Likes

Iam with you on this one since nvidia have NiS similiar to RSR and it support 10 series from 1030 to 1080ti amd could do the same with rx 400 and 500 series to rx 460 to rx (590 tho it already support rsr) but older gpus dont shame but we cant do anything.

0 Likes

I am running an RX 480X with the super resolution with absolutely no problems.  Three things come to my mind instantly, when users complain because something is not working properly.

# 1:  Are you overclocking your GPU?  If so try undoing it.

#2:  You not once mentioned your motherboard.  If you had, I could check to see if it is compatible.  Does the board have integrated graphics and have you disabled it in the BIOS.

#3:  I know your RX 500 is capable of running super resolution, and you have the latest versions which once again points me to the overclocking issue.

You may be experiencing some driver conflict with some other device, ie. Xbox,  Go to your Device Manager and see if there are any yellow shields on any devices listed.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"