Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

marufura
Adept I

RMA NIGHTMARE

Jump to solution

I had random reboots with a Ryzen 9 5950 and after weeks of trying to find out what the problem is I finally realized that it's probably one of seemingly many broken AMD CPUs (just search for "Ryzen random reboot" to see HOW big of a problem this seems to be and how many people had to go through RMA).
I need my computer for work and can't afford just to buy a replacement. So I was in a hurry.
First AMD forgot to attach the DHL label. So I had to pay for shipping myself.
When tracking showed that it arrived I didn't receive any message from AMD. After a few days I contacted them and asked about the CPU. They told me that it had arrived and that it was being checked.
Then one week ago - after me asking again because they just don't care - they told me that the CPU would be replaced and shipped later that day. And that I should contact them again in two days for tracking information.
So I wrote again on Tuesday and asked for the tracking number. I got a reply that told me not to be a pain in the ass and to contact them "after two days".
So I asked when to start counting because in my books Tuesday IS two working days after Friday.
And if all this so far wasn't horror enough they now replied that they can't see any package with the DHL tracking number and that I never sent my CPU. So I provided my tracking information and since then.... SILENCE.
This is a flipping nightmare!!!!
I have been without a computer for about 3 weeks now. Still nothing. I am losing tons of time and money because of this. I can't afford just buying another processor. And actually this means buying a new motherboard as well because I will not give AMD my money again after they lost my over 1.000 euro CPU and then ignored me.
What a very very ugly nightmare!!!!!!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marufura
Adept I

Re: RMA NIGHTMARE

Jump to solution

Mr. Ombudsman REALLY made a difference!

The replacement CPU was shipped at light speed. Actually shipping it from Amsterdam all the way to my home in Austria took less time than for AMD support to answer a simple email question. 

A little fun fact.... well, fun for you, another PITA for me.... when I first booted with the new CPU installed the screen stayed black and the ASUS mainboard showed Q-code 02. It took me half a day to find out that the reason was that I had two display ports connected (which was the case all the time with the old CPU). Turns out that I had to boot with only one display port cable connected, enter BIOS, there connect the second display port, save and reboot. After that I was able to boot with both display ports connected.

Thanks again to the people here who supported me!

View solution in original post

18 Replies
marufura
Adept I

Jump to solution

Update, April 7, about 5 days after I wrote the initial statement....

Even though I can prove that the CPU was delivered to AMD (I have a document that includes the signature of the person that accepted the parcel), they still keep telling me that I must send the CPU before they are willing to do anything.

Yesterday I contacted the Austrian internet fraud ombudsman service and asked for help. We are now waiting for a statement by AMD.

I really hope this can be resolved quickly but this looks like it will become even uglier.

What a terrible company!!!!

VValdemar
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yeah, that's a sad situation... (

0 Kudos
marufura
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply!

Apart from going the ugly route through lawyers and such my only hope is that the ombudsman service can help me OR that posting here will get me the attention of someone at AMD who cares.

I mean... is this really the kind of company they want to be?

VValdemar
Adept I

Jump to solution

Buddy, I hope that you will resolve the issue very soon! And yes, let's see if AMD representatives will pay attention here

marufura
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thanks, man!

Replies are important. Maybe they can help get some attention. So really thanks!

BrainsCollector
Adept III

Jump to solution

If it's possible for you to prove you are loosing money, you are free to pass them a lawsuit. Also, it took too long to them to fix the issue. My friend won with Fiat after car broke moths after buying from dealership. He got quite a lot of money for that. Stay strong and find some lawyer or here in poland there is Consumer Ombudsman's Office and they are helping with such things for free as it's government initiative. I'm 100% sure you will receive back cpu and lost money as long as you can prove them (which is not that hard - hey, last 3 months I have earned that much and now i lost not only money but also customers and potential big contract). I have a little pain in the butt as well with my new rig. 

marufura
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thanks for your message!

I did contact Consumer Ombudsman and they asked AMD for a statement yesterday afternoon. And suddenly this morning I received two messages from AMD stating that they received my CPU and that they checked it and will exchange it and that I will receive the tracking information soon. I hope this is not another "fake news" thing like two weeks ago. But I really think that Mr. Ombudsman helped.

I'll keep you updated!

What's your "little pain in the butt", BrainsCollector? Any way we can help?

colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

DHL.
Don't Havit Lostit.

0 Kudos
marufura
Adept I

Jump to solution

Do I understand this right? DHL lost the parcel with your CPU? This is even worse than my case. What is the current situation? Any reaction by DHL? Oh my! I wish you all the best!

I ordered PC parts from an online shop last year. They were sent by DHL... and when I didn't receive them after about two to three weeks I contacted the seller who sent a new package. We all thought that they first parcel was lost. But after three months or so it was suddenly delivered at my place. Delivery services these days are terrible and DHL is among the worst of the bad. I had good experiences with FedEx though.

Well, I really hope there will be a quick solution for your case!