cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Record Game Videos in OBS Studio or in Adrenalin?

Occasionally, I'll record a bit of gameplay to upload.  I've been using OBS Studio.  But, I see that Adrenalin also has a recording function.  For occasional, casual recording, which would be a better choice?

0 Likes
4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I do recordings for my youtube vídeos using adrenalin, no issues at all. No need to Install more software if I already have one available. 

The Englishman
0 Likes

OBS Studio just eeks out a win with a few better integrations options. Winner: OBS Studio (but it is a relative tie) Performance: When it comes to the end result, you will be happy on either side. However, the OBS Studio does give you better options to make a more sophisticated stream as you are going.

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

I guess I'll give Adrenalin's video recording a try, then.  Since I can only eke by in OBS, it's not like I'm losing vast swaths of learning.  And, as johnnyenglish said, there no point in loading up more software if I don't need it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I know its not much but the gameplay part and all other gameplay in this video, I used Adrenalin.
Same for every gameplay and/or tutorials I do in the channel.

But beware! After uploading to YouTube it may look worse due to their compression.
See image bellow!

Left is the recording directly from Adrenalin Right the final YouTube video.

There's lots of blur on the text also.

johnnyenglish_0-1666741922351.png

The Englishman
0 Likes