cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

flynnsk
Adept II

Received dead card on arrival. How to begin Warranty/Exchange/Return when RMA link broken?

Long story short, got a new 7900XT direct from amd.com shop. Tested in multiple systems, card not recognized/detected in any system. Need to RMA/Request Warranty however the RMA process from https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form is broken and instead brings to "Website Maintenance" Customer Care:

This page is temporarily unavailable as our systems are currently undergoing maintenance.

This maintenance period is expected to end on January 5th, 2023, when this page will be available once again to take your inquiries.

Until then, for product information and technical assistance, please check out the resources available on our Customer Support Portal and Community Support Forums.

In short, got a $1000 paper weight and no way to remediate for at least a week  

Is there any other way to contact Support/Warranty processing for assistance ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Moderator Matt just posted in another thread that you can call AMD Support via telephone. But I don't know the number.

I reply if Matt can post the AMD Support telephone number.

From what I know to RMA something under Warranty you need to upload some documents and sometimes photos.  

EDIT:  Found that the RX6900XT has a 2 year AMD Warranty. So I assume this is the same for the 7000 Series GPU cards: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/rma-terms

View solution in original post

8 Replies

AMD seems to being using the Holidays to do Maintenance on their equipment. Even AMD SUPPORT is down for Maintenance.

Several Users mentioned that the websites will operational again on January 9th 2023 but you mentioned January 5th, 2023.  But that seems like a very long time to have such vital Support sites down for Maintenance.

I believe the only way to RMA is through the Online Warranty Request option. Besides you can't even contact AMD SUPPORT - Warranty since they are down also for Maintenance

So basically you just need to be patient until 01/05/23.

NOTE: Does your Warranty expire within the next week or two?

Maybe that explains my laptop issues.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

If your laptop needs to communicate with AMD Servers for some reason than that could be a possibility.

0 Likes

Only to update drivers, but that isn't the only web site that has the issue.  It is definitely a security problem in the firewall that is causing it to not let sites through.  I'm not sure if it has been self inflicted or if a Windows update caused the problem.  I can access the site through the Adrenalin software, so that's no major issue, but the sites that it blocks is an inconvenience, so far only 2 or 3 others.  It leads me to think its in the AppData folder that makes me think it might be self inflicted.  Desktops all working fine, no problems.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
flynnsk
Adept II

Thank you for the reply. Just got this yesterday shipped from AMD shop (sent from "Digital River Distribution" in MN) and is the 1st time ever got a dud directly from AMD (ATi) so haven't had to deal with "Support" or Warranty since the Rage Maxx days. AMD has yet to update the RX Graphics Warranty site (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/rma-terms) with the RX7900 series, however as is less than 3 days old I would assume Warranty should be covered. 

Guess I'll just wait until next year  

Guess I'll just wait it out

0 Likes

Moderator Matt just posted in another thread that you can call AMD Support via telephone. But I don't know the number.

I reply if Matt can post the AMD Support telephone number.

From what I know to RMA something under Warranty you need to upload some documents and sometimes photos.  

EDIT:  Found that the RX6900XT has a 2 year AMD Warranty. So I assume this is the same for the 7000 Series GPU cards: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/rma-terms

flynnsk
Adept II

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Filled out the Warranty form, Looks like no refund, only replacements, even when arrived DOA.

flynnsk
Adept II

"Good"-ish news, AMD issued an RMA and agreed to refund as card was dead (defective.