cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

knewcid1234
Journeyman III

Random restarts underload

Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm having an issue with my pc restarting randomly. I have a rx6900xt paired with a 5900x. All of which is set in a b550 motherboard. I recently upgraded to this newest amd hardware and since then I'm experiencing restarts when I'm playing a game for any extended time, but it will crash straight away while trying to start Warzone. I've upgraded to the 1000W psu in hopes that would help. And it let me open Warzone to start going through the settings. And as soon as i had the setting pumped up it froze and started the restart cylce. I've checked the event logs and it shows a kernal-power critical  (The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly) and WHEA-logger error code 

(A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 24

The details view of this entry contains further information.)

. The WHEA-logger code goes into detail that )

.......... codes and description given.........

any help to try and isolate the issue would be greatly appriciated. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

sorry for the delay.  only the 1 rail on that motherboard..... turns out that i needed to update the bios on the motherboard, which wasn't that bad at all.  After that I was able to play without pause. Warzone itself would crash out still... this being Saturday. Sunday I dedicated for that family didn't touch the pc. And on Monday the pc just wouldn't  turn on. I swapped all the parts out for their downgraded parts to no avail. Turns out my motherboard was the issue. So I upgraded that part and right now Im rocking out no problems. Long story short for those with a similar problem.... update that bios.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Are the pcie connectors to your gpu on separate rails?

0 Likes

sorry for the delay.  only the 1 rail on that motherboard..... turns out that i needed to update the bios on the motherboard, which wasn't that bad at all.  After that I was able to play without pause. Warzone itself would crash out still... this being Saturday. Sunday I dedicated for that family didn't touch the pc. And on Monday the pc just wouldn't  turn on. I swapped all the parts out for their downgraded parts to no avail. Turns out my motherboard was the issue. So I upgraded that part and right now Im rocking out no problems. Long story short for those with a similar problem.... update that bios.

0 Likes