cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

endzone84
Adept I

Random crashes ryzen 5 3600, rx 5600 xt

So my kids computer started getting green screen and restarting while playing a early release game, so i thought the game was just glitchy. Now it is randomly getting BSOD some IRQLs and others I cant remember.

I have updated the bios, windows, and all the amd drivers. Still getting BSOD when its idle and now stress work. Not really sure where to go from here.

Its a cyberpowerpc specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

MB: asus b450m-plus II

RAM: (XPG ax4u300038g16-bwz) x2 

ddr4 3000(16a)8x8 cl16-20-20

GPU: Power Color 

endzone84_2-1672499562918.pngendzone84_3-1672499592424.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
endzone84
Adept I

So I decided to replace the processor with a with a 5600x and not BSOD over the past 3 days. Looks like a bad processor was the issue

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

It acts like either a power issue or cooling issue.

What is your power supply (PSU)?

What cooling system is on the CPU?  If you got a Wraith Spire cooler, which is the default cooler for this CPU, I would recommend something better.  Go to and select a top brand like Noctua, Corsair, be quiet. https://www.newegg.com/CPU-Fans-Heatsinks/SubCategory/ID-574?Tid=8000

Have you disabled the integrated graphics (in the BIOS).

The ASUS b450m-plus II only supports 1- PCIe3 x16 expansion slot and 1- PCIe3 x 16(x8 mode) and your RX5600XT is a PCIe 4 GPU.  It will work in a PCIe 3 slot but at a lower performance due to bandwidth incompatibilities. 

For this GPU the minimum PSU is a 450W.  I would strongly recommend a 650W for some overhead.

The game you referred to also might have some minimum requirements that are not being met.

Ryzen 7 2700X, Radeon RX 480, GSKIL 16GB 3600, XPG GAMIX S70, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, SoundBlaster Audigy 5, Sansui AU999 amp, Sansui SP2000 speakers.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

Power supply is Apevia 600w prestige power atx-pr600w. https://www.newegg.com/apevia-prestige-series-atx-rp600w/p/N82E16817148078

Its a cooler master cpu fan, not sure what exact model

The computer will also BSOD when its just idle on the desktop some times as well. Would the GPU cause issues during that as well?

20221231_112435.jpg20221231_115757.jpg

0 Likes

How cramped is the case?   

Is there adequate room for air flow? 

How many system fans are bringing in cooler air and how many are removing hot air.

Try removing both side panels from the case and perhaps putting a small fan blowing on it and see if the issue diminishes or disappears. 

0 Likes

So I removed both side and have a fan running on it. I also replaced the 600w power supply with my backup 850w. 

I did just get another irql blog. 

I would assume the case is not crowded

20230102_230651.jpg

20230102_230645.jpg

0 Likes

Still getting IRQL Errors. Not really sure where to go from here.

0 Likes

Even Cooler Master makes very low end coolers.  The photo provided ranks this one down around the Wraith Stealth.  The case appears to be a mid-tower so you should be fine with it.  I would suggest a much better cooler   Check out some of the coolers here: 

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100008000%20601346193

There are some mid priced ones that will be adequate for the R5 3600 CPU, and should fit in your case.

Now prior to investing in the new cooler check out this article. 

READ THIS FIRST

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/fix-irql-not-less-or-equal-errors-windows 

0 Likes

Also got another BSOD and this time is a Kernel security check error.

0 Likes
xavier2909
Journeyman III

I had a similar problem on my rig. MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX, CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, RAM Corsair CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18 VENGEANCE LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4, Storage:  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD (MZ-V8P1T0BW), 1 TB. GPU: - Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card. Like you I Updated the Bios and drivers, still no joy. Checked various forums for possible solutions, one suggestion was to roll back some drivers and uninstall some Windows updates. Finally did what I should have done in the very first place, checked the connections.  The power to the GPU was 8 + 8. My cables were (2+6) plus (2+6) which is the norm. On one of the (2+6) I hadn't completely installed the 2 wire cable in fully. After I had remedied this I had no further problems. I'm sure that you have already checked your connections, I had, but I missed seeing that 2 wire of a (2+6) combi had not been fully planted. It was about a mm out, enough to crash my PC on several occasions.    

Good observation leads to good outcome.  Nice find.  That makes everyone happy.

Congrats.

0 Likes

I also have an MSI MEG X570 ACE and the B550 IS NOT a MEG ACE!

0 Likes

So I did check all my electrical connections and they all seemed fine. Also tried using one stick of ram and then swapped it out for the other. I have seem some posts that some of the early ryzen 5 3600s have been faulty. Guess I will try the upgraded cpu fan however I have the amd temp monitor and it seems to be in normal operating parameters. I have ran some stress tests for a couple hours with no crashes which would also lead me to believe its not the fan.

endzone84
Adept I

So I decided to replace the processor with a with a 5600x and not BSOD over the past 3 days. Looks like a bad processor was the issue

0 Likes