cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

TobyWoitas
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 5700 - Radeon WattMan crash

hello my name is Tobias and I have a problem with amd Radeon WattMan that causes it to crash.  What happens is that when I play any type of game with the maximum or medium graphics in 1080p, after about 25 minutes of play, the image is removed and then it goes black and puts me on the desktop.

My system specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Viper Gaming RGB DDR4 3200mhz (X.M.P) 2 x 8.00 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte A320M-S2H-CF (AM4)
Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX 5700
Power: Thermaltake Smart 700W 80 plus white

what happens is the following I enter the bios and configure the two ram to 3000mhz with the profile of X.M.P and everything was going well, no game or anything crashed. But when I configure them to 3200mhz, which is the frequency it supports, the pc starts everything fine, but when I enter any game and after 25 minutes of play they crash. I get a notification from WattMan saying (default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure), I don't know if it's the RAM with the overclock or it's the video card, I don't think it's the video card because it has the latest drivers installed.

I don't know what else to do and I used memtest and didn't get any errors at 3200mhz so I'd be very grateful to hear your advice as I can't think of anything else.

Thanks in advance!!!!

0 Likes
0 Replies