cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

kingmansir
Journeyman III

is my amd a10-7800 cpu supposed to go up to around 80+ degree celsius when gaming

i was wonder if my amd a10 7800 supposed to go up to 80+ degree Celsius  when gaming if not can someone help how to cool it down. i know my cpu a little old but its still good for me to use.

The first one is HWMonitor  and the max temp when im not on any gamescpu temp.PNGCapture.PNG

please help.

my computer is asus m32bf

0 Likes
47 Replies
elstaci
MVP

Re: is my amd a10-7800 cpu supposed to go up to around 80+ degree celsius when gaming

You need to check your APU Cooler to see if it is working correctly or need to have the thermal paste replaced.

Is the fan or CPU Fins clean and working correctly?  At 60C I imagine the CPU Fan should be running at 100% rpm.

Or you have bad air circulation inside your Computer case or your Room Temperature is very hot.

The Maximum Operating Temperature of your APU is 71.3C so at 80C it is throttling and getting close to shutting your computer down from overheating.

From CPU World:

Electrical / Thermal parameters
Maximum operating temperature  ? 71.3°C
Thermal Design Power  ? 65 Watt

NOTE: If this is something recent then I would check your APU Cooler for proper operation and installation. If this has always been the case then you need a strong CPU Cooler.

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

Re: is my amd a10-7800 cpu supposed to go up to around 80+ degree celsius when gaming

sorry im still a little confused cause im new to computer parts i swapped out my cpu can that is Fractal Design Silent Series R3 80mm  back to the other i had in before Insignia - 80mm Case Cooling Fan that is discontinued but its still similar but it seems like the fracel design is better. on the value part it goes around 69 to 73 degree C but max is around 80-82 degree c when playing league or any kind of game. cause i recently changed my thermal paste on the apu or the cpu  not sure whats its called the one under the heatsink. or do i need to get stronger cpu/apu cooler if do do you have any recommendation for the cooler fan its a pre built pc asus desktop pc K30BF_M32BF_A_F_K31BF Series with a prosseror of amd A10-7800 RADEON R7,12 Comute Core 4C+8G 3,50 GHz

cpu temp 2.PNG

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Your AMD Processor is a APU which means it is a processor with Integrated Graphics built into it. The Integrated Graphics is accessed through your motherboard's Video Output ports.

Does your Asus PC still have a Warranty on it?

If it does, I suggest you contact Asus Support and let them know your CPU Cooler is not preventing your APU from overheating.

If your Asus PC IS NOT under Warranty, then I would suggest you upgrade your CPU Cooler to one that uses a 120MM Fan instead of a 80MM fan.

This PC Website gives you all the compatible CPU Coolers for your APU: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu-cooler/?compatible_with=mhsKHx&__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=5a6f6523bc5...

I have the CoolerMaster Hyper212 EVO which is an excellent CPU Cooler. But you would need install the CPU Cooler special brackets on the motherboard.

If you don't know how to do that then choose a CPU Cooler from the above link that uses the standard Clip-on CPU Cooler.

See which one of these Asus computer case is the one you have. Then check to see which CPU Cooler will fit in that case: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#m=8

NOTE: One important fact that you must be aware of is these newer CPU Cooler can be quite large. So you will need to make sure the CPU Cooler you purchase will fit in your Asus computer case.

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

my PC Item Dimensions are 40.8 x 17.5 x 38 centimeters all-around but the inside is around 15 to 16 cm from the motherboard to the opening side and no I do not know how to install the special Bracket one. and I appreciate all the help you have done for me currently

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Best thing you can do is open a Asus Chat Session which is Asus Support or open a email Asus Support ticket and ask them.

If you recently purchased your Asus PC then it should still be under Warranty. Asus Support can probably tell which CPU Cooler you can install in their Computer case or maybe even upgrade it under Warranty.

If it isn't under Warranty then I suggest you find someone who knows how to work on PCs or take it to a computer shop to see which CPU Cooler you can upgrade to if needed.

If not you need to find out the inside dimensions of your computer case before upgrading your CPU Cooler. 

See if the paperwork that came with the Asus PC mentions the model of Asus computer case it uses. Then go to the link in my previous reply to see which CPU Coolers can fit inside your computer case.

NOTE: If you remove one side of the computer case panel does the temperatures go down or stay the same when you play your games?

This will indicate whether you have good or poor air circulation inside your computer case. Also make sure all the computer case fans are working.

As an example only, I purchased a IBUYPOWER PC for my wife. It uses a Mid-Tower computer case. The rear computer case fan burnt out. I found this out when I noticed that my wife's CPU started to run really hotter than normal. Once I upgraded the Computer case fan with a better and stronger Case fan, My wife's CPU was running cool again as before.

I also replaced the CPU Cooler that came with the PC. I found one that just clips on to the same brackets used by the motherboard. But first I found out the Computer case model number and went to the link I posted previously and found out which CPU coolers would fit inside there. 

The one I purchase was large and it was a very tight fit. I needed to modify the inside computer top to be able to install the CPU Cooler. But it is now working fine with two CPU fans on it. I purchased a Thermaltake Contac Silent 12 which clips on the motherboard's bracket: https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/contac-silent-12.html

It isn't as good as the CoolerMaster but sufficient enough to keep my wife's FX8350 CPU (125 TDP rated processor) from overheating.

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

I was wonder if I can get a high air flow case fan and place it in the heat sink would that work

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

As long as it is the correct Fan size for that CPU Cooler you can add any fan you want. As long as it has a 3 or 4 pin connector.

Look at Amazon for High CFM fans at 80MM size.

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

alright thank you alot

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

on last question dose the corsair tm30 thermal paste work for my amd APU

0 Likes