cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Yeti_OK
Journeyman III

Purchased RX 7900 XTX No Game Bundle Code for Last of Us Part 1

So I purchased an RX 7900 XTX from https://shop-us-en.amd.com/. I received a confirmation email with Last of Us Part 1 game bundle attached in said order confirmation email. It has been two weeks and no redemption code has been sent. I have gone through all the support pages and talked to AMD rewards. When I chat with AMD support they tell me to talk to AMD Rewards and when I email AMD Rewards they tell me to talk to the retailer that I purchased it from. How is this so hard to get right? Shouldn't the game code be sent with the purchase of the graphics card? I need some help with this.

6 Replies
Backslapped
Adept I

I am having a similar issue. My GPU came with no game code or copy of the game.

bumgarb
Adept I

Oh, this is no good. I'm in the same boat.  Ordered directly from AMD, order confirmation shows the gift included, but received no coupon code in the box and no emails.   Any way to contact AMD Store or AMD Rewards and get a real person on the phone?

They will literally ignore you. The fact that we are posting this on AMD forums and not a single person from AMD has decided to address this issue says it all. I just told a friend to return his AM5 motherboard so that he can avoid AMD entirely. Their customer service is pathetic and I will never buy another product. THIS is what happens when you give the underdog a chance.

bumgarb
Adept I

For what it is worth, I found an actual way to contact AMDRewards.com and submitted a support ticket.  I explained that I didn't get a code and attached a screenshot of my order from the AMD Online Store.  Go to "amdrewards.com/support" and click "Next" ignoring all the other FAQ buttons.  That should open their support ticketing system.  I never got to that page before somehow.

I got a response within 24 hours, including my missing game code coupon.  I then had to troubleshoot making their validation software work (the time zone being incorrect on a freshly installed Windows OS was the problem - so much for Windows automatically updating the time zone).

Then I had to go through the confusion of repeatedly linking Steam and AMDRewards... it seems like a loop you repeat 3 or 4 times.

Long story short, I have The Last of Us Part 1 installed and playing.  Now I have to repeat the process through NewEgg for my AMD Processor and Jedi Survivor *sigh*

0 Likes

I actually owe AMD an apology, because I was also able to find my code. It was on my purchase invoice that was e-mailed to me, NOT the invoice in the box. I am still a little disappointed I couldn't get a response from AMD, but it looks like this was my bad.

That's so interesting because my invoice from AMD did not have a code on it.  Actually, I only got 1 confirmation email from the AMD Store and nothing else, not even a shipping notice.  I only knew it shipped because I got an email from UPS.  Glad you got it figured out too.  Hope the OP did as well.

0 Likes