cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

grimble30
Journeyman III

Problem With Gpu And Cpu

When I have disabled vsync and the fps goes up to about 150, my cpu and gpu goes up very high (gpu like 65-66 is it normal?). Do you know what the problem could be?

MB
: AMD B550 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx GTE RAM: DDR4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 6600 SSD: NVMe 500GB M2 PSU: Zalman LX 600W

0 Likes
3 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

@grimble30 wrote:

my cpu and gpu goes up very high (gpu like 65-66 is it normal?)

If what you're quoting is 65-66°C then yes, perfectly normal operating temperature. Over 100°C is when things are getting too hot and throttling can begin to occur.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

okay and what you will say about CPU? like 80+ is it normal? that happens while im recording some game.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi, when you disable vsync you are effectively throwing more frames at the screen, more than it can handle, hence the extra work from the GPU and heat. I think its not the best because you will face the dreadful screen tearing of vsync off.

I would use freesync if you have a capable monitor to do so and limit the fps to the maximum refresh rate of the monitor to keep things cool.

But it also depends on what you play.

Example: If you play older games, freesync can lead to strange artifacts. And if you play console ported game, usually they'll be fps locked and vsync is either not available or useless. Try lots of settings and see whats best.

As for the temps, 65-66 is a super normal reading as @FunkZ  said.

The Englishman