cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

nom_nibi
Journeyman III

problem with AMD Radeon R7 M265 driver pack

Am using AMD Radeon R7 M265 ,,, when i downloaded the latest amd driver for my card..installation didnt complete and lap got freeze with a black screen with nothing else ..
please find  me a solution

6 Replies

Would like to try and help but you have not given enough information for us to try and help much. Laptop or desktop, what model etc....

Please supply the required information for asking a question and we can give it a go:

When posting a new question, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue making sure to include the relevant hardware and software configuration.  
For example:

• Issue Description: [Describe your issue in detail here]
  • Hardware: [Describe the make and model of your: Graphics Card, CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, Display(s), etc.]
  • Software: [Describe version or release date of your: Operating System, Game/Application, Drivers, etc.]

=============

You did say "lap" so I don't know if that meant laptop? If so a common issue is people trying to load the laptop drivers from the AMD site. They are vanilla drivers that don't contain optimizations needed for changes the OEM, like HP or ASUS used making the laptop. So use drivers from your laptops maker preferably if you did not already do that. 

This is a general guide for laptop drivers with switchable graphics if that applies:

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System | AMD 

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire V5-561G
BIOS: V2.17 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6024MB RAM
Page File: 2409MB used, 5278MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip type: Intel(R) HSW Mobile/Desktop Gra
DAC type:
Device Type: Display-Only Device (POST)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A16&SUBSYS_07751025&REV_09
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 3012 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 3012 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (64Hz)
HDR Support: Not Supported
Display Topology: Internal
Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
Color Primaries: Red(0.639648,0.330078), Green(0.299805,0.599609), Blue(0.149414,0.059570), White Point(0.312500,0.329102)
Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: CMN15BF
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.007Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
Advanced Color: Not Supported
Driver Name: c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\basicdisplay.inf_amd64_5103ac179273be89\basicdisplay.sys
Driver File Version: 10.00.17763.0001 (English)
Driver Version: 10.0.17763.1
DDI Version: 12
Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
Graphics Preemption: DMA
Compute Preemption: DMA

laptop meodel ... acer -aspire v5 561g

Thanks for the additional information. You didn't really explain what you have tire before or if you tried any of what I already suggest. I see in the OP that you said you have AMD graphics. You further information doesn't show that. I looked up the laptop by the model you gave and that product spec page doesn't mention AMD graphics either. Product support 

Certainly I have seen before where spec pages can be wrong. 

Knowing that you have possibly and Intel CPU with graphics plus AMD discrete graphics. I know that it is extremely important that you have Windows fully up to date with ever possible Windows update. It is also very important that you have the latest Intel Graphics driver up to date before loading the latest AMD driver. Make sure you are using a mobile AMD driver not a desktop driver. Pick carefully on the driver download page. Normally I would suggest a driver for the AMD graphics from ACER but they don't even show your product as having AMD graphics, unless the model is off? Or I got the wrong page. 

If none of this helps download a program called GPUz and run that and include a screen shot of it's results back. 

And please elaborate a bit on what you have been trying. 

In the mean time you can also try going back a driver at a time till maybe an older one works. You can also ask for help from the experts at AMD just follow this link:  Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes

Do you have a APU?   https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

0 Likes

The R7 M265 is a notebook discrete GPU seen in a few machines here and there.

The OP should look at the notebook vendor for drivers

AMD does have notebook graphics drives that he can try as well

0 Likes
anjutares
Journeyman III

Hi!, Have the same problem with my Acer Aspire E1-572G and same GPU.

Specs:

- I7-4500U

- 16Gb Ram DDR3 L

- AMD R7 M265

I update to Win10 from Win8.1(Original at my lt) but have this problem.

Using AMD official page Drivers Works (https://www.amd.com/es/support )

Acer have bad/broken Drivers on his page.

It work for me, have nice day. ^^

0 Likes