Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Kubislaw
Journeyman III

PLS HELP! input lag,stuttering,games feels laggy 144hz fps games

Hello!
I'm coming to you because of my problem that I've been living with for over a year now

the thing is that i feel like my hardware is not working as it should, i feel a lot of input lag, stuttering, mouse lag. it's like my screen is lagging, especially in Warzone where when i look around quickly i feel like i have a weird lag
I have done a full windows optimization for input lag, responsiveness etc., I have tried a different Displayport and HDMI cable but I still have this problem.
I also feel like my mouse is not precise and accurate (acceleration off and mouse fix on)

my specs:
cpu: i3 10100f 3.6ghz
gpu: rx 570 4gb rog strix oc gaming
mobo: h410m s2h
psu: silentiumpc vero l2
disk: wd blue m2 500gb
ram: 2x8 hyperx 2666mhz(16gb)
cooling: spartan 4
monitor: lenovo g25-10 144hz 1ms free sync
mouse:logitech g403 hero

I would like to finally have fun with fps games and enjoy them,please help me! ;(

0 Likes
2 Replies
mariuksk2
Adept I

Greetings,

first of all, how long have you been using your PSU? As i checked on the internet, the PSU isn't powerful, so if you been using it for a long time, the power delivery may be inefficient (Deteriorated).

Also, check if there isn't any software that's causing this problem, maybe even some kind of malware, from my experience, long ago my pc got infected and it messed up some of my mouse settings and other stuff and had similar symptoms as you mentioned.

One more thing you can try, is to check your monitor settings. I checked your monitor and i see that there is an option called Over Driver. Go to that and try to select other options. What Over Driver does is it changes the response times of your monitor ,and some options can cause input lag, ghosting etc.

The last thing you could do, (even tho i doubt it it will fix it) is to reinstall your drivers using DDU, you can check on youtube how to do it.

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

It could be due to many factors.

What resolution are you gaming on?

Which version of Windows are you using? have you tried a complete reinstallation of Windows?

You mentioned you did Windows optimizations, sometimes those optimizations (as seen on YouTube) harm your PC gaming experience more than they help.

Have you tried updating to the latest BIOS and graphics driver?

Also, your GPU is old and only 4GB, it's not a GPU for 144hz/144fps gaming, it's for 1080p/60fps gaming and reasonable graphics quality settings (especially with newer titles)

Here is what I would do, update BIOS (if needed) -> fresh installation of latest version of windows -> update graphics driver -> update every driver -> play at native monitor resolution -> lock FPS to 61 (just to see how everything runs)

And don't do any "optimizations" like the ones seen on YouTube

0 Likes