cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

addiepie79
Adept III

People with Issues that Won't Show Their Specs, Spam or trolls???

ok so as of lately in the last few months or so I've noticed people with com on and say they have all these issues but when you ask them to screenshot the issue or as them for system specs the conversation is dead lol, cannot help but to notice most of the people with these so-called issues are spam anyone else been noticing this???

Adam J Martin
2 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

It took me a long time to recognize that most people who use PCs struggle to figure out what their specs are. This is because many PC users are not familiar with computers to the degree that a large portion of this forum are. This means that if they experience issues it is difficult for them to list their specific hardware configurations, because they don't know how to find that information. 

Some posts that are just rants about how their hardware is underperforming are actually spam, but not the majority of posts that don't include system specs. Most people don't even know DXDiag or msinfo32 exist. 

I have had to teach friends of mine who have been gaming on PC for years how to find out what hardware they have in their systems when they ask if this or that is worth the upgrade. 

I do know there are trolls that will post about issues just because they want to rant and don't actually want to fix their issues because they think everything should just work right out of the box, but like I said, this happens very rarely. I have only encountered a few trolls that refuse to post their specs after I tell them how to find the required information.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
hawkmanw
Adept III

Some post what they’re running and some don’t.  I’ve seen others ask their setup and sometimes days pass without a reply. Other times they immediately post their setup. I usually take people at their word and for those that don’t bother to reply with their setup….be like Queen Elsa and Let it Go.

B550. 5800X3D, 6950XT. 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI B550 Tomahawk, XFX RX6950XT WB edition, 64G 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V