cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ryoohki360
Journeyman III

PCIEX stuck at 1x cold boot on AM5 + 4090

I here to report a problem that seem to affect quite a few people on reddit i found. It's only on AM5 and 4XXX series card it seems.

All AGESA after 1.0.0.7c have a problem with PCIEX LINK Speed being stuck at 1x after a Windows Shutdown.

I confirmed that with CPU Z and in game as my 4090 lock to 250-270WW, i get stutter and much lower fps.

This can be fixed by rebooting the session, but that's annoying.

I started to have this problem back in November when i updated to AGESA to ComboAM5 1.1.0.0 , at that time i didn't knew what was the problem.

Every single AGESA after 1.1.0.0 have this problem but not 1.0.0.7c and 1.0.0.7b (didn't try a older bios)

I did the following in the current 2 weeks (each of those i done multiple windows shutdown and reboot at least 10x each bios) :

Flashed to AMD AGESA 1.1.7.0 = windows shutdown, turn computer back on PCI LINK 1x, reboot PCI LINK 16x ok

Flashed to AMD AGESA  1.0.0.7b = windows shutdown, turn computer back on PCI LINK 16x ok

Flashed to AGESA to ComboAM5 1.1.0.3 = windows shutdown, turn computer back on PCI LINK 1x, reboot PCI LINK 16x ok

Flashed to AMD AGESA  1.0.0.7b = windows shutdown, turn computer back on PCI LINK 16x ok

Flashed to AGESA to ComboAM5 1.0.0.7c = windows shutdown, turn computer back on PCI LINK 16x ok

So it's 100% bios issue

One user on reddit had the same problem (different motherboard), i have him tested 1.0.0.7c witch had fix he's 1x too on windows cold boot. He doesn't have the same brand of motherboard. Both of us have B650 (i have B650E)

So right now i'm stuck at 1.0.0.7c, witch work fine, but i can't move from this bios otherwise it's annoying.

5 Replies
Lys1
Journeyman III

Yeah,

had the exact same problem with my GPU. When i cold booted, it would show up x1 and then after a restart it would show up x16 all the time. Fixed it by your advice downgrading to an Bios Version which uses AGESA 1.0.0.7c.

Since then the issue never appeard after 10+ cold starts. I have an Ryzen 7 7800x3D, Aorus RTX 4070 Super Master, Aorus B650 Elite AX V2 for reference. Tried both the F1 and F2 Bios of my Mainboard, which both have AGESA 1.0.0.7c  and had no Problem anymore. As soon as i flash a newer Bios with an higher AGESA Version i get the issue again.

I am having the same issue with my pc. I have a Ryzen 5 7600x, Galax RTX 4060 Ti and a MSI B650m Mortar Wifi.

Any bios beyond AGESA 1.0.0.7c The pcie link goes to 1x or 4x after a cold start. After restarting the system the pcie link goes back to X8 as normal 

Stepa_ua
Journeyman III

The same problem with Ryzen 7 7700 + RTX 4060

Tested on BIOS with AGESA 1.2.0.0a Patch A - PCIEX LINK speed stuck at 1x.

The only thing that helps is changing the PCIe x16 slot configuration from "Auto" to "x8x8" (this method is not very suitable for RTX 4090 since there is no "x16" option in the slot settings)

0 Likes

i flashed 1.2.0.0A on Friday and it's been gold so far on my end. No 1X Link, 16x all the time so far today, i've been doing couple of On and off cycle

0 Likes

I tested with 1.2.0.0a Patch A too, same issue happening again.

0 Likes