cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

OliBoBoli
Journeyman III

PC won't post, red DRAM light

Hi, sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but a friend of mine built their new pc and are having issues getting it to post, they have a red DRAM light showing

They have tried re-seating the CPU, GPU, swapped in and out the ram sticks trying both on their own. (they are in slots a2 and b2 currently) and tried CMOS reset. Assuming no hardware is faulty, what other steps are there for them to try? I thought about having them try a bios flash but wondered if that should even be necessary with that CPU/motherboard? not sure how to tell whether or not it's required, the motherboard is rev 1.2 if that helps.

They also tried removing the GPU and running off of the integrated graphics still with no luck.

Another thing that might be worth mentioning is that they actually had the power switch connected to the CMOS jumper pins for a while which obviously stopped the pc from booting and was wondering if that could cause any issues?

PSU - can't recall but was a decent 800 or 850W gold if I remember correctly
CPU - RYZEN 7 7800x3d
Motherboard - Gigabyte b650 gaming X AX
Ram - TEAMGROUP D532GB 6000-30 delta RGB
GPU - msi radeon rx 7900

0 Likes
5 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

Have you tried giving it some time while booting? AM5, especially the earlier bios versions, tend to take some time with DRAM training. Also, please try the multi key to get the safe mode for the bios.

0 Likes

Your Motherboard DRAM Trouble LED is lit up because BIOS found something wrong with the RAM you have installed.

These are the only TeamGroup 6000 Speed RAM that are compatible with your Motherboard from Gigabyte Support QVL List: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B650-GAMING-X-AX-rev-10-11-12/support#support-memsup

Screenshot 2023-10-05 120026.png

Is your RAM Part Number listed in the above QVL List for RAM from Gigabyte Support?

If it is then wait a few minutes and see if it starts to boot up. It might take as long as 10 - 20 minutes or longer depending on the RAM that is installed.

If you RAM is not listed than go to TeamGroup Support and see if your RAM is compatible with your motherboard or not.

Try installing just one Stick a DIMM Slot A2 and see if it works or not. Sometimes incompatible RAM will work with one stick but with more installed it won't.

Make sure you have the latest Gigabyte BIOS installed which is BIOS Version F9D which is optimized for the 7000X3D processors: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B650-GAMING-X-AX-rev-10-11-12/support#support-dl-bios

Screenshot 2023-10-05 121120.png

If it is, then I suggest you open a Gigabyte Support Ticket and see if your Motherboard needs to be RMAed or not to be checked.

The 7800X3D that I just got in would not boot. The motherboard had red lights for the DRAM and CPU being defective. Not sure if it was an issue with the CPU, DRAM, or the motherboard. Shipped it all back for a refund.

That would be the best thing to do rather than wait to see if the CPU was defective and if it wasn't then you will need to wait for your motherboard to be replaced thus prolonging the amount of time you have no PC available.

But at the same time it might not look very good for you as one of the Retailer's customers sending back for a refund such a large order.

0 Likes

I bought it from Newegg and they have already refunded it. I didn't really think it would be an issue because I have bought my last 3 or 4 personal builds from them, and our company was using my account until they got a business account. Probably have couple $100,000 worth of purchases with them on my account, and only had to send back a couple parts that were DOA. Thinking about going Intel though for now. I don't really think they are any better, but my last AMD support experience was so bad I think I am just wanting to try something else.