Did you mean: 

General Discussions

luckbrand
Journeyman III

PC Crashes after latest 6800XT/7800XT driver update 24.7.1

ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi

AMD 7800x3D

Powercolor Hellhound 7800XT (2 weeks old)]

previously using a Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT (3.5 years old)

Corsair RM850X

NZXT Kraken 360 Elite RGB Pro

32gb G.Skill Trident Z RAM using EXPO profile and set to 6000mhz

Samsung 2tb 990 Pro

Post installing the latest driver/software

anyone else having shutdown crashing, bsod driver power failures after latest 24.7.1 updates? with and without the Adrenaline software installed.

Ive removed and reinstalled the drivers so many times, this happend with both GPUs but as soon as the drivers were installed and the computer has to reboot, everything on screen freaks out and shows stuck images of the windows i have open.

This issue began with Warzone,  I had a single time where it crashed my PC and shutdown, had to manually power on again.

Playing Once Human has caused different issues;

it started where the entire PC would crash and shutdown and id have to manually power again

sometimes it would crash to desktop

sometimes it would go dark and the pc would still be on but just lost video, i have to hard boot

reinstalled windows

then i replaced by GPU and everything worked for 2 weeks

i made sure to use DDU in safemode to remove all drivers

ive run extensive tests on my RAM using memtest86 and all passes

ive run benchmarks with OCCT and 3DMARK and everything passes

the issue persists but is a bit more intermittent, also my Ryzen Master software does not like this PC and freezes entire PC forcing hardboot even if i change to Eco mode

now im getting more Event Viewer stuffas well, downloaded whocrashed to view the minidmp files, says the amdkmdag.sys file caused an issue but its not that everytime.

Anyone have any suggestions on anything else i can look at? anything that might be conflicting, I appreciate anyones input.

3 Replies
Charlzz
Journeyman III

Same behaviour! I have random shuts down while playing games recently. PC reset itself etc. I  checked my hardware, changed PSU to 1000W etc. All of sudden I think it is poor written AMD drivers! 
Copy from Steam forums (saving time): 

Specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x
Radeon 7800 XT
M2 HDD Lexar
ASUS B550-F ROG STRIX MOBO
PSU: changed recently BE QUIET! Pure Power 12 M 1000W 80 Plus Gold ATX3.0 PCIe5.0
I changed it because I thought it was PSU that making my PC to shutdown and I need new one for 4 pin CPU connector but it isn`t PSU since the same things happen with new one.

My CPU isn`t overlocked GPU also not touched. Temps looks good too. But maybe I miss some temp spikes that makes this... I have no idea which element might cause it (MOBO, CPU, graphic card) Recenlty my PC shuts down randomly in some games like Cyberpunk it was randomly from time to time, in UBOOT game shut down PC once, in COD WARZONE not even once after hours of playing... Odd. So today I changed AMD drivers to newest. This might be the reason of all my problems thru months. AMD DRIVERS. After I changed to newest today Cyberpunk regulary freeze right at start and then PC reset itself. Try after try same behaviour. I will clean up all drivers from AMD and start over with oldest or try new one clean install with newest. Anyway AMD should test their drivers more.

Rolled back to 24.2.1 drivers solved my PC reseting itself at Cyberpunk start. Now I can play. Lets see how many hours without shuts down.

So 24.2.1 drivers I am testing now. At least Cyberpunk game starts with them with no reseting whole PC lol. Last 6 month of AMD drivers developing is focusing my eyes back to NVidia cards. Shuting down PC randomly or reseting by faulty drivers is too big issue for me to ignore

EDIT: After 2 min in game PC shuts down. I will roll back even more in drivers version.

0 Likes
Ban2001
Journeyman III

My 6800XT also had this problem with the 7.1 driver

0 Likes