cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

CharlieCC
Journeyman III

Order wrongly (but understandably) cancelled

I let my roommate order a GPU from AMD a few weeks ago with my credit card since his parents don't allow him to have a credit card. When I recently tried to buy the 6800XT Midnight myself, I got an email saying my order was cancelled because it was from the "same household". I'm actually somewhat glad that AMD is enforcing the "1 GPU per household" policy but unfortunately I got tangled up in it.

I can totally understand that it looks like multiple orders from one household, since we are technically living in the same house and the two orders both used one credit card, but we are obviously by no means family. I assume that's what AMD is referring to by "household".

I've been waiting a long time to get a GPU from AMD (already got that waterblock ready) to pair with my 5600X and get that sweet SAM combo. I was ecstatic that I finally ordered one only for it to be cancelled. AMD doesn't seem to have any contact information for this kind of problem. I'd really appreciate any helping in getting my GPU.

4 Replies

According to AMD STORE FAQ: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdonlinestorefaq

Screenshot 2021-03-24 172051.png

So AMD Store was following their own policy concerning multiple purchases from the same household (Address) which is why your order was cancelled.

By helping your friend who lives at the same address you inadvertently screwed yourself from purchasing a GPU card from AMD Store. Your only recourse is buying the GPU card from a Retailer other then AMD or wait if AMD changes their policy when those GPU cards are more available or in stock.

You can try and reorder to a different address but not sure if that would work since your Credit Card info will still have your current address and name on it from the previous purchase from AMD Store or have someone else order the GPU card for you at a different address and you pay him afterwards.

I'm in a similar situation, and other stories are starting to pop up on this general discussion board. I bought a 6800 XT Midnight Black on 4/8 for my mom sent to HER address, and I was able to order two more of that same card on 4/16 to be sent to MY address. AMD then canceled the two orders from 4/16. The state of graphics cards is so grim and awful.

0 Likes

@dingleberrrydan  Try to contact AMD Support and ask them if you can just order one GPU card since both orders were cancelled from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

@elstaci Yeah, I did that the same day they were canceled. I don't expect them to respond though. We'll see.