7600X
7900 XTX (PowerColor MBA reference)
MSI B650I Edge Gaming Wifi
G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30
Lian Li SP850 PSU
Windows 11 with current updates
Playing at 3440x1440 with HDR enabled on AW3423DWF
vsync enabled at 165hz

I don't know if this is a Cyberpunk issue (probably) or an AMD issue (also probably), but I suspect it's a bad thing from one, triggering a bad thing from another.

If I have ray tracing on (I last tested using the RT Ultra preset), and I open the map in game, my PC will straight up power down. This does not happen if I have RT disabled. I can't turn it back on until I cycle the I/O switch on the PSU, leading me to believe it's some overcurrent/voltage protection being triggered. I've seen some posts from years ago about the map causing it to crash, but I find it really weird that the whole PC would just shut down. I have no idea what's happening technically, but I believe the game is breaking in some way that is causing it the GPU to do something that is causing it to draw too much power/current/voltage, etc.

Has anyone experienced this before? I can reproduce it endlessly. I don't particularly care about RT, but it's still...annoying, and I'm worried about damaging hardware. Here's a link to an example video: https://twitter.com/thevanderburg/status/1607463125065900033?s=46&t=3JtK6FTIFTsa8rvg3dHqtw

2 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

Sounds like either Cyberpunk or Ray Tracing or both as you stated.

Does RT shut down the system in other games that support it?

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

I haven’t gotten it to happen in any other games, but I haven’t tested many (I just got the GPU on Christmas Eve). And strangely, RT runs just fine in game on CP, as far as I can tell, it’s just when I open the in game map. 

0 Likes