here are my settings for 720p50@3500kbps in OBS Studio with AMD AMF Encoder
have in mind:
0. i use 720p50 because you have more bitrate per frame as 720p60
1. 3500kbps is not much for 720p50 (3500kbps is ok-ish for 720p30)(720p60 would need minimum 4500kbps)
1b. what is your ISPs upload bandwidth?
2. VBV Buffer Initial Fullness HAS to be 0 (otherwise you will have pixel mash all 2s)
3. usually "Balanced" "Main" gives best results
4. Coding Type could also be CABAC (better compression = 1% better quality; so not much but hey)
5. a better quality stream of 720p50 needs 4200kbps with a Buffer of 256kb
5b. 720p60 to look good would need 5000kbps with a Buffer of 288kb
here a video of the setttings you see: http://hoffmeister.tk/obs/xaymar/vids/Fetokis_720p50_3500kbps.mp4
Welcome and thank you so much for your tips , my isp upload is max 5000kbps, but i saw stable 3.5-4
The second gpu is for streaming has got difference options in amd drivers like gpu workload = compute or graphics.
Also i stream PUBG,Apex legends, League of Legends ,Cs go that settings from you is for all that same ?
High Motion Quality Boost : Default?
Also my system is that :
with a Ryzen 5 3600 you can stream with x264 (CPU) - it has much better quality at same bitrate compared to h264 from Hardware-Encoder
with 3500-4000kbps stable we try bitrate 3800kbps + 192kb buffer
custom x264 options:
"level=3.2 ref=3 bframes=1 b-adapt=0 direct=spatial deblock=-3:2 me=hex merange=24 subme=3 no-mbtree=1 trellis=0 weightp=1 deadzone-intra=4 deadzone-inter=12 aq-mode=3 aq-strength=1.1 rc-lookahead=0 threads=4 lookahead_threads=0 sliced_threads=0"
next post will be my video
my settings :
no use custom buffer size
cpu usage: sloq
profile : high
x264 options: ref=5 subme=8 trellis=2 direct=3 rc_lookahead=50
with 60 fps and downscale :bicubic is pretty good for 3800 kbps that image but the cpu usage is 30-40 only for stream
1. custom buffer is something you need. without that your stream can be 2x3800kbps. so lets say you have bitrate of 3800kbps and a custom buffer of 512kb than your x264/h264 stream can range from 3288-4312kbps. ALSO have in mind - if you use 44312kbps for 10 frames than the next 10 frames need to be 3288kbps to maintain "CBR" - so after a crisp clear video you will have pixel mash for some frames. so a smaller custom buffersize on a low bitrate makes alot of sense in quality!
2. CPU Preset: slow (DONT USE THAT); Fast (only with high OC); BEST is "Faster" and "Veryfast"
3. custom x264 options:
ref=5 // means your frame can reference up to 5 frames - that costs ALOT of CPU load // better use 2 or 3
subme=8 // WHY JUST WHY? you do this when you want to encode a file locally and not for streaming - it takes ALOT of CPU // use 3 or 4
trellis=2 // 1st requires CABAC; 2nd is not usefull for streaming // use trellis=0
direct=3 // 3??? there is only "temporal", "spatial" or "none" // for streaming use: direct=spatial
rc_lookahead=50 // HOW SHOULD THIS BE POSSIBLE? Do you use 2pass encoding? in a stream? so your encoder knows what you do next? xD // rc_lookahead=0
my "custom x264 options" give me <15% CPU load when streaming 1080p60
level=4.2 ref=3 bframes=1 b-adapt=0 direct=spatial deblock=-3:2 me=hex merange=24 subme=3 no-mbtree=1 trellis=0 weightp=1 deadzone-intra=4 deadzone-inter=12 aq-mode=3 aq-strength=1.1 rc-lookahead=0 threads=4 lookahead_threads=0 sliced_threads=0
if you REALLY want to have a better result, but also have a higher CPU load you can try this for 720p60
level=3.2 ref=3 bframes=2 b-adapt=0 direct=spatial deblock=-3:2 me=umh merange=32 subme=4 no-mbtree=1 trellis=0 weightp=1 deadzone-intra=4 deadzone-inter=12 aq-mode=3 aq-strength=1.1 rc-lookahead=0 threads=6 lookahead_threads=0
this will take ~25% of your CPU for your steam...
DONT CHANGE: direct=spatial deblock=-3:2 trellis=0 weightp=1 deadzone-intra=4 deadzone-inter=12 aq-mode=3 aq-strength=1.1 // these are near optimal values for like 95% of games outthere
720p50@3800kbps & 288kb buffer & 2s Keyframes CBR + "faster" + "baseline" + "animation" + x264 options: level=3.2 ref=3 bframes=1 b-adapt=0 direct=spatial deblock=-3:2 me=umh merange=32 subme=5 no-mbtree=1 trellis=0 weightp=1 deadzone-intra=4 deadzone-inter=12 aq-mode=3 aq-strength=1.1 rc-lookahead=0 threads=6 lookahead_threads=0
have in mind 50fps is better at lower bitrates than 60fps // 3800/60 = 63.333 kb/frame && 3800/50 = 76kb/frame // so a lower framerate has better quality at same bitrate! // and yes i know there are i, b and p frames... (its just simple math for that problem)
ps i had max of 30% CPU load; usually between 23-25%
download that file and compare it to your video
720p50@3800kbps & 288kb buffer & 2s Keyframes
CBR + "faster" + "baseline" + "animation"
level=3.2 ref=3 bframes=1 b-adapt=0 direct=spatial deblock=-3:2 me=umh merange=16 subme=3 no-mbtree=1 trellis=0 weightp=1 deadzone-intra=4 deadzone-inter=12 aq-mode=3 aq-strength=1.1 rc-lookahead=0 threads=4 lookahead_threads=0