cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

eagle12426
Adept I

need to figure out

First off sorry for this being so long in explanation. I went to turn on my pc and nothing showed on my monitor. Yes it is on, the power switch on the case lights up. Here is the rest of the problem. My pc went down for a reason that I have narrowed it down to two things or possibilities. I have checked out everything and came down to ether the MOBO or processor. The reason I'm saying that it is or could be ether one of them is that I did this. I pulled my HDD and put it into another pc and it works. Took my monitor hooked it to another pc and it works. Pulled my PSU hooked it to another pc and it works. YES I hooked another PSU to it and same thing. It turns on but nothing showing on my monitor. Yes I put another on it that is working and nothing. The graphics card is working. Did the same this as with the other parts. I have come down to two things that it could be. The motherboard or the processor, of which I do have one that is "COMPATIBLY" with the MOBO,  "GIGABYTE GA 78-LMT USB3", that I can put in the MOBO. Yes I know, it's old. Everything was working fine I turned it off by the shut down in windows like I do every time. Yes my up dates are up to date. Yes I have VERY GOOD anti virus in my HDD that I'm on now in another pc that i hooked it to. Again sorry this is very long. I wanted to give ALL THE INFORMATION so it helps. As I had said I think or fell that it's ether one of the two that I mentioned that it could be. Any thoughts on this would be helpful, and do you think I'm on the correct direction in my conclusion? Thanks in advance for you help and thoughts. 

0 Likes
0 Replies