cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

bakljas
Adept I

Need advice from users with R5 1600 + Asus x470-F

For some reason I can't post on Asus forums, it always gave me server error so I will ask here. There I got advice from one user who told me that best BIOS for 1st Ryzen gen is 4602 but on that forum I read from page 92 when bios 4602 was released that that bios has a lot of negative comments (unstable, higher temps 7 degree increase in load) but someone mentions that that bios fixed PBO and fan rpm (stuck to 0% or 100%).

What about BIOS 4804? There is not a lot of comments of that BIOS becasue 3 weeks later came BIOS 5007 (negative comments) but all comments I saw on 4804 seems positive, someone says that is the best BIOS since 4207. So is it safe to update to BIOS 4804 with R5 1600? That should be my final stand BIOS with Ryzen first gen...

0 Likes
2 Replies
bakljas
Adept I

I think that bios 4804 brought only half of support for 3rd gen ryzen, full support came with bios 5007. Asrock on their page gave a warning that users with 1st gen do not update to BIOSes for 3rd ryzen becasue they will encounter problems. On Asus side, not a single warning and because of that I need advice from someone who has this combination. On asus forums there were some reports that users with 5xxx BIOSes and 1st gen ryzen have problems (black screen , no posting)

0 Likes

I suspect more BIOS updates will surface. Use the most recent one and hope for the best.

It may be a while before the BIOS is stable

0 Likes