cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

My pc locks up and won't let me do anything, Ryzen 5 3600, Rx 590, 16gb ram 3200mhz

My pc locks up and won't let me do anything, Ryzen 5 3600, Rx 590, 16gb ram 3200mhz. It happens a lot and it's getting too annoying since I sometimes find myself doing homework when it gets stuck so I can't save it and my progress is lost just like when I'm playing video games.

10 Replies
master_games
Adept I

already seen if the drivers are installed?what is your motherboard? because incompatibility can be the problem, or the question of ram
0 Likes

My motherboard is an Asus B450 plus, and I already checked testing with a single ram, changing slots, removing the xmp profile and nothing, besides that the drivers are the newest

0 Likes
master_games
Adept I

if your motherboard is the link I'm sorry to say your memory is not compatible because this motherboard can only hold up to 2666mhz. https://www.amazon.com/Ryzen-Gaming-Motherboard-B450M-CSM/dp/B07FKV5HWJ/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords... 

0 Likes

no, it's not

0 Likes

Hello sorry about your issues. I am sure it is frustrating. 

If you would like help from the forum community you really need to give more information. 

When posting a new question, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue making sure to include the relevant hardware and software configuration. 
For example:

• Issue Description: [Describe your issue in detail here]
  • Hardware: [Describe the make and model of your: Graphics Card, CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, Display(s), etc.]
  • Software: [Describe version or release date of your: Operating System, Game/Application, Drivers, etc.]

In general your motherboard makers support department should be able to assist you in trouble shooting the root or your issue. Don't forget to include them. 

If you need to contact AMD support you can do that here:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Also you probably would have gotten faster help if you had this in the processor part of the forum instead of general discussion. You can move the thread there if you like. 

0 Likes
sol
Adept II

What you mean by "locks up?" Describe symptoms more precise pls. And did you notice if it happens fully random or tied to some specific circumstances like intensive load or some specific soft being active?

Also what psu do you use?

Also do some memory validation with memtest or aida, for example. 

0 Likes

lo traduci con google trasnlate ya que no hablo ingles, no se porque se puso cierra con llave, mi problema era que mi equipo se trababa y no me dejaba ni apagar el equipo o acceder a alguna aplicación, ya descarge el chipset de mi mobo, actualize bios y por lo que veo ese problema ya se soluciono pero vino otro, que es que cualquier juego que entre a los 5 minutos se frezea y crashea, la verdad ya no se que hacer, mi psu es la cooler master 500w v3 elite

0 Likes

hello, my problem was that my computer crashed and did not let me turn off the computer or access an application, I already downloaded the chipset of my mobo, updated bios and from what I see that problem has already been solved but another came, which is that any game that enters at 5 minutes spawns and crashes, the truth is I don't know what to do anymore, my psu is the cooler master 500w v3 elite

0 Likes

If you could please give your full system specs and a bit more detail on the issue we could try to help.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

1. this sounds like a CPU OC error - an unstable CPU OC
2. did you OC your Ryzen 3600 manual
3. did you have everything AUTO in BIOS?
4. did you load "default settings" and saved them before your reboot?

ps i need more info to help you

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes