cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

North_17
Adept I

My Gpu is at 20mhz, on desktop, and my tweak doesnt even work, same as for armory crate.

Hi i have a question about my gpu, the frequency of the gpu on desktop is 20mhz is thats normal?, and tweak doesnt work and armory crate doesnt detect my gpu.

0 Likes
2 Replies

I would say normal for low utilization on desktop, the OS (software ) is doing the work. My card is 0-6mhz.

As for Asus utilities/software, ask on their support forum about any issues with their Apps.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
leyvin
Miniboss

I don't know what Armory Crate is... 

Still with this said., with RX 5K-Series and RX 6K-Series... it's perfectly normal to see very low frequencies when you're not Gaming.

For example if I'm just using my Desktop, Office, or Browsing Random Websites., my RX 5700 XT will run at ~6-18MHz.
If I'm Streaming Netflix / Prime / YouTube., it'll jump up to like 300MHz... although I think this is more because the Media Display Engine needs to be running at that., I don't see any increase in power consumption... tends to still be at like 18-24w.

What will kick it up a notch is Blender, Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush and Substance; but they rarely get it to actually hit Stock.

And when gaming it regularly will run above Stock Frequencies (supposed to hit 1920MHz., but will usually run at 2050 - 2080MHz) and I just have it on Auto. Not because it can't overclock, but rather because it's a Reference Card; it gets obnoxiously loud if I'm really pushing it.

Now with this said., you can always adjust the Frequency Curve. 
But then why would you want to?

The Lower the Frequency, the Less Power is being used and as such the GPU will basically not get very hot... resulting in the Heatsink being capable of handling dissipation without the need for the Fan. 

And provided your CPU is also somewhat "Idling"., this can result in a Near-Silent System. 

I don't know about you... but not being able to hear the system while watching YouTube, or a Movie; is nice... as opposed to when gaming where you can definitely hear it working hard to keep the game looking pretty at running well.  

0 Likes