cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

cromlots
Journeyman III

multiple monitor identification numbers doesnt match windows and tv to hdmi issues

Hi

Model
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, GPU
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, 16gb ram, windows 10 64

I have 2 monitors and 1 tv hooked up to the 6800xt. when i plug in my asus xg438 monitor displayport as the main and my 27ig mp35 hdmi to displayport adapter as the secondary windows reports the asus as monitor 1 and lg as monitor 2. amd adrenalin reports the opposite where as asus is number 2 and the lg is number one. at boot the lg shows the boot screen until windows loads and switches to the asus. why is that and how can i tell adrenalin its the other way around? i've tried eyefinity but fornd no option to rename display identification numbers. i've added monitors one at time, same result. asus goes from main to secondary. there is no issue with gaming as window reports asus as 1 so games default to that monitor. drivers uninstalled and reinstalled no change.

Also I have a lg 65" 4k 60hz hooked up via hdmi. when it is turned on or off the other 2 monitors flicker on and off about 3 times. if i'm gaming and the the tv turned on or off it disrupts the graphics and on occasion a crash. i've tried dp1.4 to hdmi 2.1 adapter to no avail. anyone know why or a work around?

thanks

0 Likes
0 Replies