cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Warnpce
Adept I

Monitor's freezing but audio still playing.

Ok. So, The title says it all. Randomly throughout the day (it could happen today and tomorrow, or it could happen today and 3 days from now.). MY monitor's will freeze (triple monitor setup), but audio will still play. The last time this happened (Last night before I went to sleep) I sat there and listened to a discord conversation for 5 minutes. Couldn't interact at all with it. Mouse don't move, everything is frozen but audio. There are no error signs, event viewer doesn't show anything as well as afterburner doesn't show spikes in temps (not overheating at all) or anything. I've had a few tech buddies help me and even they are dumb founded about what it might be. I'm posting here because maybe someone had a similar problem and that may help me to figure out what it might be? 

XMP is enabled, I have reformatted completely (Including wiping every drive), turned the AMD OC in bios from Auto to enable as well as disabled, reseated everything, made sure hardware acceleration is turned off on everything, drivers are up to date on everything inc chipset, um... pretty sure there was a couple more but I can't remember off the top of my head.

XFX Speedster 6800

5900x

32gb ddr4

750W Gold PSU

Arous b450 pro wifi rev 1.0 Motherboard

1TB M.2

500g HDD (Only used to store stream videos, doesn't get used for any programs)

Thermaltake P3 Case (Open air case, all temps are good and nothing close to overheating at all times)

0 Likes
0 Replies