Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

luckysaini
Adept I

windows freezes while installing AMD driver

I have Lenovo Idea pad 320 

yesterday my  laptop's display went black after force shutting down my windows went in recovery mode and was unable to restart so I had to install new windows (11) and now I want to install AMD drivers for Radeon 530, Windows 11 freezes at 96 % installing.

I also tried Driver booster for installing display drivers but nothing working for me. 

specs

CPU - i5 8250 u

Graphics- AMD Radeon 530

RAM - 8 GB

STORAGE- 2TB

0 Likes
11 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

Adrenalin 21.5.2 Recommended (WHQL)

This is the latest Windows 10 driver that AMD shows.  

NO Windows 11 drivers appear.

Perhaps your trying to install a driver that is not compatible with the 530 card.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

where can i find Drivers for Windows 11 ?

0 Likes

I have the same specs laptop but it's 330-15IKB 81DE, I faced the same issue you did yesterday and havent been able to fix it. same with Radeon 530, My screen got stuck and when i force restarted my laptop, it got stuck again, amd driver does get stuck but for me it's at random %. Please contact me on psynide26@gmail.com if you get any solution to this. Tried reinstalling windows/ deleted drive partition and created again/ nothing works. I had windows 11 and 21.5.2 driver worked fine before so no win 11 driver or anything. IT works but the issue is there, idk why.

0 Likes

most probably the GPU is done for, Will get it checked today and update you on the situation.  till then work with Intel

0 Likes

any update ???

0 Likes

There are no Win.11 drivers for the 530. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

ok now i am using Windows 10 pro and using windows 10 drivers but same issue

0 Likes
allkindoflower
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem with Radeon 530. Tried literally everything. Let me know if there is a possible solution.

0 Likes
ogidi
Journeyman III

@luckysaini @allkindoflower please did you guys find any kind of solution i am in dire need of a solution or is the gpu possibly dead and could there be a way to revive it? Thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
allkindoflower
Journeyman III

Not yet, sorry. But whatever you do, do NOT mess with regedit settings. Also an awful lot of people seem to be experiencing this problem, so let's keep this topic active.

0 Likes
jason_03
Journeyman III

Hello, I'm having the same issue with my laptop, did you fix yours?

0 Likes