Bensayer04
Journeyman III

miscellaneous windows error

I have a ryzen 7 2700x

-b450 f gaming motherboard

-16gb ddr4 3200mhz corsair ram

-rx 5700xt thic iii

-240gb m.2 storage, corsair

I have been having this issue for around a month now where my computer works perfectly fine and then suddenly will crash with no error message, it will turn back on but boot be strait into bios where my boot drive sometimes doesn't appear but this isn't all the time. I have to turn the pc of at the wall then turn back on and I will be back into windows as if there was no issue. But when I check windows reliability history and it has a red cross next to miscellaneous errors. 

I have done ram memory tests, I have reinstalled windows 3 times. I've run a lot of /scannow commands and a lot more. I am wondering if it is maybe a hardware issue as there is nothing left to check as per a digital issue. It maybe could be a driver issue but I'm not sure. 

I'm not very good with the technical stuff but I try. Any help would be useful because this is a brand new Christmas build and I'm worried there's a issue that cant be fixed. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

possibly your HDD or SSD is going bad.

Run in a elevated Command Prompt - CHKDSK /f/r/x.

It will say you need to restart the PC to check your Windows C: drive. Click on yes and restart the computer. Depending on how large your HDD/SSD is it may takes more than 2 -3 hours to complete.

You can also download the HDD/SSD manufacturer diagnostic software to check your Windows drive.

0 Likes