cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Jmoe85
Journeyman III

low fps on every game

So, I recently got a new pc and all games I try to play have some sort of fps drop Fortnite and Guild wars 2 were the major ones that I experienced this issue. I've tried changing settings in both games and haven't gotten it to work. I haven't messed with bios settings, or anything and I'm hoping I might not have to. Here are my specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600G 3.9GHz [4.4GHz Turbo] 6C/12T 19MB L3 Cache 65W W/ Radeon Vega Graphics

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE B550 UD AC ATX w/ WIFI 802.11, 1 Gigabit LAN, 5 PCIe x16, 4 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe

VIDEO: AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT 12GB GDDR6 Video Card

HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN570 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/3000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 460/450k

MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/3200MHz Memory

POWERSUPPLY: 650Watts - ASUS ROG-STRIX-650G 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply

0 Likes
4 Replies
fean98
Adept III

The devil is in the details, system and game configuration settings.

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

I can't seem to find any specs on your motherboard from Gigabyte or anywhere else.  Are you sure you have the right model listed.

However under the circumstances if it is a B550, regardless of the manufacture, I have not found any that support PCIe 4.  They support PCIe3. 

The X570 boards will support PCIe 4, that is unless you are running a 2nd Gen CPU (2000 series).  Even though the board supports PCIe 4 it will drop back to PCIe 3 speeds.

Now that I have said that, your Radeon 6000 series GPU is a PCIe 4 GPU running in a PCIe 3 slot.

PCIe 3 x16 has a 16 GB/s transfer rate whereas the PCIe 4 x16 has a 32 GB/s transfer rate.  This means that your GPU is only going to be able to access 1/2 of the bandwidth it is capable of.  There are websites that will tell you differently but the math doesn't lie.  I have experienced this with an XPG GAMIX S70 PCIe 4 NVMe 2.2280 SSD first hand.  It's maximum speeds are only 1/2 of what they should be because the machine I have it in has a Ryzen 7 2700 CPU (does not support PCIe 4).  So the PCIe 4 SSD drops back to the PCIe3 transfer rate.

I hope this is clear enough to understand and it may not address part of your problem.  It has to do with compatibility to get the best performance of the product you are using.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

i mean its got to be right because that's what the parts list shows that i got from cyberpower pc i may just have to return it

0 Likes

GIGABYTE B550 UD AC ATX W/ ARGB WIFI 802.11 1GBT LAN 5 PCIE X16 4 SATA3 2 M.2 SATA/PCIE CEC 

i forgot to type the "CEC" part i dont know if that makes a difference

0 Likes