cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

captainkevman
Journeyman III

looking to replace trio R47 chip

I have a AMD Firepro w7100 video card that is dead.  Closer inspection looks like the trio R47 chip is burnt out.  Where can I find a replacement?  Picture is attached.  Help a guy out here if you can.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Just being hypothetical, let say you replace the electronic part (trio R47). Do you know what might have caused that particular part to overheat and short out? 

I am asking because you first need to find out why that part failed. Yes, the first step is replacing it. But what happens if it fries again.

If you can get a hold of another bad W7100 card or similar, you can cannibalize it for parts to troubleshoot your GPU card.  Many different models use similar electronic parts.  

Seems like the W7100 has a 3 year Warranty on it. If it is still under Warranty try opening a AMD Warranty Request from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

If it isn't under Warranty (older than 3 years) still open a AMD Warranty request. Maybe they can direct you to an official AMD Repair site and find out how much it would cost to repair.

0 Likes
llywelyn
Journeyman III

Ops I double sent my question... ignore this...

0 Likes
llywelyn
Journeyman III

Did you ever fix it? Also did it short out your whole pc when it was plugged in?

0 Likes