cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

RussellB1988
Adept I

Is it safe to leave side panel off?

I've been curious for a bit now if my rig is safe without the one side panel on it? It runs great, I don't have any performance issues and the room is blocked off from any animals in the house. 

I'm just looking for someone that does the same thing to tell me I'm good  

1 Solution

I read it isn't a good idea to permanently keep you PC side panel off. With the Side panel on there is better air circulation efficiency then with it off.

Plus with the side panel off there is a risk of your hardware being damaged by accident or by insects.

You should keep it off to see if you have poor air circulation issues than put it back on.

Also if you need to replace a hardware cooler and you keep it off until you get a replacement temporarily.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I read it isn't a good idea to permanently keep you PC side panel off. With the Side panel on there is better air circulation efficiency then with it off.

Plus with the side panel off there is a risk of your hardware being damaged by accident or by insects.

You should keep it off to see if you have poor air circulation issues than put it back on.

Also if you need to replace a hardware cooler and you keep it off until you get a replacement temporarily.

Thank you for the input on this and I've been running it for about 5 months this way with no issues. My concern is temps in the case I might have to pick up a few more fans is all.

Volkdude85
Challenger

No kids, water, or pets, you are probably fine.  Most of the scary electrical components are In your Power Supply,  There are things in a power supply that will kill you. Capacitors are Dangerous.  The highest Voltage on a motherboard should be 12 volts DC.  It aint going to want to travel through you very well(it can, Dont just just sit there and let it).  But were talking similar Wattages at similar voltages as a Car in most instances minus the Crank in the cold.  Beware of pennies! somehow I had a penny fry a DVI port once.  It was like a tree,, came outa no where... ;-}

0 Likes