cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

jufuggie
Adept II

I think AMD needs a online queue system for buying graphics cards

What it needs to do every Thursday is create a popup that blocks the site until it is a user's turn.

And when it is, to allow the users to then come in and select their card and do payment.

I tried twice to buy stuff. Once I kept clicking slowly but still couldn't buy a thing.

The other time they blocked me and showed me a fake out of stock page and I realised people were buying after going incognito.

I say this very nicely, but inwardly, I am quite frustrated and possibly about to rage, probably where AMD's rage mode driver pun came from.

I know I am not the only one that shares this sentiment. 

Also, I think I agree about the backordering and allowing gamers to buy first, but maybe promising a long lead time to deliver, like maybe 2 months.

Please help us and not care just about the miners and retailers. Dun go into Cahoots with them just because they buy alot.

Ultimately, you probably make more selling to us than them if we calculate by profit margin rather than amount.

10 Replies
osasa
Adept II

If any GPUs manufacturing company doesn't stand for gamers now all the gaming industry will be affected for sure. We are taking about a linked chain here. It's not just selling gpus for miners and scams scalpers now but in the future we as normal people may stand against these companies also. Be sure miners cryptocurrency will not last for ever. 

But to be honest here AMD is the only company that at least gives us a hope and I am sure they are thinking of us as gamers and will provide a solution for us within this year.

0 Likes

I am gonna say for sure AMD has got my money and support after Nvidia shamelessly cash grabed for a yesteryear 2060 at 900 from their official stores in several apps

These are crazy times to buy a graphics card man, crazy times.

I just want a solution for the website so u know you don't feel like you're forced to squeeze and shove your way into a shop to buy a card.

In a sense, the queue system will allow you to relax and do something while waiting, and then when it is out, maybe you'll rage less cause you weren't trying to fight your way to buy one

0 Likes
apc900
Adept II

Don't hold your breath on that ever happening. It'd be nice if it did but modern company don't seem to see beyond their 'noses'. Current GPU manufacturers are grabbing as much as they can on that lone product...as quickly as they can. They fail to recognize that if you cannot get the essential component for building a new PC, it has an overall domino effect on sales of other components in their line. AMD is especially prone since they also offer CPUs and chipsets. Nvidia really doesn't have those options so a mony grab on their part doesnt matter as much. If for the sake of argument.... a GPU isn't available for purchase then there is no need to buy any other component...not a motherboard and certainly not a CPU. If the consumer is simply upgrading, then it is not really a problem. That said...the real money for component suppliers comes in the form of sales of new parts as in a full system build. Any companies looking at long-term customer loyalty would have addressed the distribution issue a long time ago. Getting GPUs into the hands of as many users as possible has the effect that they talk about it to others. That in turn causes those people to go out and buy more. It is the ultimate in product exposure to gain market share. A miner charging three time the retail while slowly 'trickling' cards to a select few with deep pockets, can never offer that same level of exposure. It actually has the opposite effect while also leaving a bad taste to consumers.

i've been waiting 8 months to build a new setup.
setup i aim for should cost about 1800€ ($2150) but with current retailers prices (and not only GFX, but also cpu, MB, etc...) the setup cost about 3000€ ($3600) : result : no setup at indecent price....
i ll wait or maybe even skip for am5/DDR5/next gen gfx.... i m not in a hurry....

My point exactly. I wonder how much additional money AMD could have earned, had they addressed this issue early enough to thwart the guys buying ten cards for scalping resale. The guy looking to build a whole new system could have potentially purchased twice what the card would have cost. It was a bit short-sighted on their part not to curtail this practice. The buyer couldn't get the parts at a reasonable cost so he bought nothing. Who gains from that?

0 Likes

Screenshot_20210611_154445_com.google.android.gm.jpg

0 Likes

Hard no, lol.  

Bruh, I tried to PM you some helpful info.  You got pms disabled 

0 Likes

I see a PM inbox but nothing inside... Played around with settings too and can't find an enable tab

Screenshot_20210613_114201_com.android.chrome.jpg

I think I am not allowed to PM being a newbie

0 Likes