cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

fawzix55
Journeyman III

I can't seem to solve the issue, please help

Hello everyone, I started facing a problem around a week ago, so basically whenever I play game that requires some graphical power, my screen goes black with no sound, but everything in my pc including my peripherals is still on, so I must forcefully turn off my PC and turn it back on. Several things happen upon restart, Adrenaline will not launch, and my 144Hz monitor will be locked to 30Hz in the windows settings, and my GPU will not be detected in HWM for example, all these issues are resolved when I reinstall (repair) my graphics drivers.

Specs: -

CPU: i5-7600

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ rx 5700 xt OC 8GB

PSU: RM750w

I have been searching for solutions for a week now and here are things I have already done, but the issues still persist:

• The first thing I did was install several driver versions like 20.4.2, 21.7.2, 21.8.2, and even 21.9.1. ofc in between them I used DDU to uninstall the drivers.
  • Reseated my GPU and RAM.
  • Many people online suggested that it is possible that the power cables to the GPU might be loose or busted, so I disconnected and reconnected every power cable and even changed the PCI-E power cable.
  • I used WhoCrashed to maybe get an error, but since technically the PC didn’t “crash” no dump files get created, so no error codes.
  • Also a lot of people who had similar issues, saying that doing a clean install of windows solved the issue, so I formatted everything and did a clean Windows install, that if anything made things worst.
  • I scanned the Clean-up image health and resolved it, also did a “sfc” scan.
  • I reset my BIOS
  • I stress tested my CPU to see if it was the issue, but it was fine.
  • I tried to stress test the GPU with Furmark, but as soon as the benchmark starts, the screen goes black.
  • There is an App called OCCT that allows you stress test various components in your PC, when I did it for the GPU, it was fine , I ran it for 20 minutes, but when I ran the stress test on power/PSU, the PC crashed immediately.

At this point I lost hope but thought I would share this here before I do the last thing that people where saying, which is that my PSU might be busted and I might have to change it, but if anyone has something to try, I will be very grateful.

Note: I have nothing tweaked or OC’ed in my PC, and nothing has been added to the PC as far as components for the past 10 months, and that was my GPU, and it was working fine for these 10 months.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thank you so much for responding, I swapped my PSU and the issue was resolved, thank God that busted PSU didn't brick any of my components.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RPX100
Miniboss

We do need some more information to be able to help you with this problem.

1) graphics card temperatures under gaming load?

2) CPU temperatures under gaming load?

3) did you remove the dust from inside your PCs case and the cooling fans?
-> dust built-up can cause overheating, which leads to thermal throttling

4) did you use DDU in Windows Safe Mode while disconnected from the internet?
-> Windows Update will otherwise install a basic AMD driver right after PC restart

---

1) Please download and run GPU-Z and post images of the first tab.

2) Then find the "?" (question mark symbol) on that tab and click on it.

3) a new window should open, with a button "start render test" - click on it

4) now switch to the "Sensors" tab of GPU-Z
-> wait at least 3 minutes (let the render test run)
-> then take a screenshot of that "Sensors" tab

---

This issue could be PSU related, as you said already.
But it could also be Radeon Software's automatic overclocking causing thermal issues.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes

Thank you so much for responding, I swapped my PSU and the issue was resolved, thank God that busted PSU didn't brick any of my components.