Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Norcadet
Journeyman III

FILE "METRICS" HELP ME

C:\ProgramData\AMPPC

Hi, I have recently noticed that the "metrics" file is constantly increasing in value and consuming space in my memory, could someone help me or tell me why it is doing this.

I have disabled metrics in the radeon software.
The file has reached 30gb, and I don't understand why that happens.

I have deleted the file, but it reappears starting with 0kb and increasing in value.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600 SIX CORE

RAM: 16GB

GPU: RX580 8G SAPPGIRE NITRO+ SPECIAL EDITION

RADEON SOFTWARE 21.9.2

WINDOWS 10

3 Replies

Can you Right click on the AMPPC file and post an image showing what is says under "Details"?

How do you know this file is part of AMD Radeon driver package?

I googled that file and the only thing that comes up is something to do with Cisco nothing under AMD.

0 Likes

Hello!

perhaps the user  "Norcadet" made a mistake in the name of the file, I have exactly the same problem, only the path to the metrics.csv file is like this: C-ProgramData-AMD-PPC the metrics.csv file is constantly growing , it was 4 Gb - I deleted it , the file appeared again and began to gradually increase its volume again.

I have similar PC characteristics:

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600 SIX CORE

RAM: 16GB

GPU: RX580 8G 

RADEON SOFTWARE 21.9.1 ->21.9.2 (I found the problem before the update, after the update the problem remained)

WINDOWS 10

Thanks for the clarification that helps a lot.

Found this  Reddit Thread concerning the exact same thing you two are going through: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/p1cw03/metricscsv_this_file_takes_too_much_space_can_i/

Screenshot 2021-09-21 175910.png

This feature of AMD Driver has caused issues in the past. So you can disable it via  Radeon Settings or during Installation of the driver.

EDIT: Found AMD explanation of AMD Metrics and how it works and how to access  and configure the feature: https://www.amd.com/es/support/kb/faq/dh3-038

Screenshot 2021-09-21 175910.png

Not sure if this is the same as above though.

0 Likes