cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

xtota223
Journeyman III

I bought a ryzen 5 2600 processor on amazon but did not get the game. how do i get the game?

I wanted to buy ryzen 7 1700 but I saw on the site amd what they give the game if I buy processors of 2000 series. After this I saw what you can buy amd ryzen 5 2600 on Amazon (7 2700 is too expensive for me) I bought it and put it in my new computer but i don't know how to get the game. who can help

0 Likes
25 Replies

did you get an a message from amazon with the code to redeem on amdrewards.com?

0 Likes
xtota223
Journeyman III

no

0 Likes

call amazon customer service 1-866-216-1072 

I used my coupon 3 days ago, I didnt get any game codes, how can i get them? @hardcoregames

0 Likes

like i said, call them and inquire

0 Likes

I used codes and waiting for ''your key will be assigned as soon as it is available'' but waited like almost 4 days and nothing.

0 Likes

they may have run out of keys, i have seen that before, eventually you will get one if you are in line

0 Likes

I too have neither Resident evil 2, nor DMC yet. I really hope they do provide them, and soon. Otherwise this will turn into a PR nightmare for them, and a lifetime AMD boycott for us. 

0 Likes

I have thousands of games, no big deal of a game is late to be delivered

0 Likes

I seriously doubt you have more games than I do. I have 10,000 games on steam alone. 

Question isnt that its late, the question is whether we will get them at all. 

0 Likes
angstyhorse
Newcomer

I purchased a bundle from Amazon for the RX 580 with the same processor you bought, both are eligible products, haven't received anything. I just called Amazon, they apologized and said I should get an email from the promo team within 24 to 48 hours so... Hopefully something comes from this. I am worried the rep did not communicate the issue properly as explaining this promo is kind of nightmare. AMD should not have made retailers responsible, whole thing is just messy.

0 Likes
jerryman
Journeyman III

Check your Spam box as your email may have thought it was Spam

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

You're not going to be able to activate the game on steam, or whatever service the game uses, until the day the game launches. Today for DMC5, March 15 for The Division 2.

thegameplayer
Journeyman III

Did you get it yet?

0 Likes

no

0 Likes
wafai
Journeyman III

I bought Ryzen 7 2700X from a shop and there is no code or what so ever , how ca i get the games ?

0 Likes
jerryman
Journeyman III

0 Likes
nuschu
Journeyman III

Amazon is giving me the run around as well

I bought a 3800x on Cyber Monday. The deal was definitely listed on Amazon's page for the item because I verified before buying with them as I was specifically making sure this was part of the deal. I have not received any codes so far. I chatted with them and got no response after they said they would submit to their promotions team, so I replied via email and they sent me this BS:

Hello,

Thank you for writing back to us. I'm contacting from Amazon Marketing and Promotions team.

I'm sorry you didn't receive our promotional offer until after the promotion had expired or began. Some of our promotions have a very limited time frame. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of any promotional offer.

Upon checking the details, there are 2 promotions launched for Xbox game pass code. First promotion got expired on November 29, 2019 and the second promotion started from December 12, 2019.

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

We regret that we cannot extend this offer for you at the moment and I hope you understand my limitations in this regard. However since you've taken your time out to contact us regarding this, I've forwarded this situation to the concerned team so that we may target a similar promotion to you in the future.

Also, our marketing team regularly introduces new promotion on hundreds of thousands of items on our website. Hence, I'd kindly request you to keep looking for those promotions and make the most out of them.

Please feel free to visit other areas of our website for great deals every day:

-- Our Outlet store offers special bargains on a wide variety of products:
http://www.amazon.com/outlet

-- Today's Deals gives you the latest sales, rebates, and limited-time offers:
http://www.amazon.com/todaysdeals

Your patience and understanding has been phenomenal in this matter. I apologize again for any inconvenience. I hope you will be able to take advantage of our future promotions.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
Gautam
Amazon.com

To which I replied:

Please forward this to a supervisor. When I purchased the AMD Ryzen 3800x processor on Cyber Monday the promotional deal for 2 free games (Outer Worlds & Borderlands 3) plus an XBox Game Pass PC was showing on Amazon's page, it has only since been removed, but it was present at the time of purchase. Additionally, multiple sites advertised this deal since it was on Amazon's site. Both Amazon and multiple other retailers were advertising this, and only Amazon is giving people the runaround over this. AMD's terms and conditions clearly show the timing of this offer:

TIMING (https://www.amdrewards.com/terms)

a. Campaign Period: Campaign Period begins September 30, 2019 at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

Amazon's promotion page that is still online shows no mention of timing:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/74FDE811-F5A3-4AF6-9051-B68828590513?ingress=0

AMD's page cites the terms and conditions which I mentioned and pasted the timing section from that document above

https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/equipped-to-win

AMD's participating retailers page lists Amazon as a participating retailer and the footnote clearly mentions the same timing from the Terms and Conditions.

https://www.amd.com/en/promotions/game-bundle-ryzen

Everyone on Reddit is having to go through multiple Amazon customer service reps to get this offer honored and AMD is telling everyone that Amazon is responsible for sending the codes. I bought this through Amazon because I'm on Prime and Amazon was offering the same deal that B&H and others offered. If the deal was not present on the Amazon page on Cyber Monday I would not have ordered it through Amazon.

Please honor the deal as stated in the terms and conditions.

Waiting for a reply...

0 Likes

Well I got the one reward I cared about the least, the Xbox Game Pass.  They said they are out of game codes for Outer Worlds and BL3.  Next time I'm using a different retailer in the hopes that they don't run out of codes and have actual customer service reps that don't require me to contact them fifty times to get some sort of resolution.

Hello,

Greetings!

This is an email from Amazon Promotions and Marketing Team.

I'm sorry to know about the problem with the code for the "3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC" and "The Outer Worlds AND Borderlands 3" from the order #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX.

Being a gamer myself, I know that you had your heart set on redeeming your promotional code and I'm really pleased that I'll be the one who sets this right once and for all.

Without any further delay, here's the new promotional code you rightfully deserve :

-----------------------------------

Redeem at http://www.amdrewards.com/amdrewards.

Sign in or create an account, and follow the instructions to redeem your offer with promo code provided.

Additional information on this offer can be found here (https://www.amdrewards.com).

This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions (https://amzn.to/2rRjVZB).

Note: The codes for the "The Outer Worlds AND Borderlands 3. Redeem coupon" are currently not available with us. Hence, please contact the manufacturer to check if they are still providing the codes for this benefit.

0 Likes
danisol26
Journeyman III

i purchase mine black friday and i just got my code for the borderlands 3 but i still dont have the 3 months xbox game pass. they also did made me run around between amd and amazon.ca for this long. i sent so many emails to them specially and made lots of phone calls. i even applied to return my ryzen 7 2700x to then since i still dont have the codes i've been waiting for. but then i cancelled the mailing process since i just recieved the code for BL3 but i am still waiting for the xbox game pass (3months) from them. i sent them and email again but atm still no response. it usually takes about 24-48 hours before they reply. Amazon is SOOO BAD at this matter. i should have bought mine from Memoryexpress instead and get my codes right away upon buying the proc.

0 Likes

I got a game (The Division 2) when I bought my R5 2400G back in the day.

NewEgg sent me the game key immediately.

0 Likes

I got the rest of the parts for my build from Newegg and they all came

before the Amazon CPU and without a hassle. I told the first customer

service rep that Amazon was being reaaaaaaaal shady about the whole thing

because he wanted me to send them a picture of the deal on Amazon and

denied having any record of the deal existing. I told him that I would use

Newegg for any electronics purchases in the future. I advise anybody who

hasn't already learned the hard way to use Newegg over Amazon.

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019, 3:56 PM hardcoregames™ <amd-external@jiveon.com>

0 Likes

Not sure as I do not use Amazon, NewEgg seems to be better run for PC parts.

I have heard of promotion headaches before with Amazon which concerns me as they are not as transparent as NewEgg with third party vendors.

0 Likes

Same issue. I purchased The Ryzen 7 2700X on Amazon 11/29/19. I only got the Xbox Game Pass code after complaining to Amazon... Twice. I am still waiting on a game code for either Borderlands 3 or the Outer Worlds from Amazon. I wanted to write them an email about the issue, but they don't give you an email address, you have to call our use their live support even for an already opened issue. This has been a pretty terrible experience and as noted above, I was going to get the Ryzen 5 2600, but "for $45 more you get Borderlands 3 or the Outer Worlds? I'd be stupid not to upgrade!" I won't be making that mistake with Amazon again.

0 Likes