cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

skoutariotis
Adept I

How to NOT show my full name on my forum posts

I tried to figure out how to ask this question to the moderator or admin, but could not find it.

But, if a moderator or admin can respond to me directly, you can just delete this post.

Or, it may be a good post to keep, I did not see it anywhere.

FYI I just want to show my nickname Skoutariotis 

Thank you!

1 Solution

When you log in to AMD Forum it shows whatever name you inputted in your Profile. But if you log out and look at your Thread it is showing the name that you want to show "Skoutariotis "

Here is how your name looks like to others at AMD Forum:

as an example, my name appears as "elstaci" but when I log in it shows as E.R. which is what I inputted in my Profile under First and Last names.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

When you log in to AMD Forum it shows whatever name you inputted in your Profile. But if you log out and look at your Thread it is showing the name that you want to show "Skoutariotis "

Here is how your name looks like to others at AMD Forum:

as an example, my name appears as "elstaci" but when I log in it shows as E.R. which is what I inputted in my Profile under First and Last names.

Awesome! Thank you sir!

Jim Southerd 

AKA, "Jim The Greek" or just "The Greek" -- Opa!

FB: https://www.facebook.com/skoutariotis

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/skoutariotis

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jsoutherd

Twitter: @skoutari

On Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 07:44:04 PM PDT, elstaci <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

Community  

Re: How to NOT show my full name on my forum posts

in General Discussion    

Worried about the name showing yet posts the full name in the thread. Alrighty then.... LOL

0 Likes

I don't have a problem w/registered members knowing, I just don't want the whole world to, and obviously, they can't, just the registered users can.

Actually anyone can what is in the body of your posts. You don't have to be registered and logged in. So if you don't want the whole world to see then you might want to edit your post. Only you see your real name as who made the post when you are logged in. The rest of us see your chosen forum user name. Everyone regardless of being logged in still sees anything you put in the body of your post, where in this case you used what I guess is your full name.

Yeah, I don't care  about the content, even if the whole world can see it, that's the idea, help people w/similar problems.

So, I'm cool the way it is, I don't mind registered users know who I am. If you search the net for Skoutariotis, chances are you'll find my content. I tried to claim ALL web stuff, social media, and the likes as Skoutariotis.

Thank you all for your help!

Cheers, or as we say in Greek, Opa!

0 Likes

Got plenty info on this post, unfortunately zero responses on my problem at hand, my only other post. So, if any of you know someone knowledgeable, please, let them know.

0 Likes

just for your information only but you can delete any replies that you posted yourself only in a thread by clicking on "Actions" and clicking on "Delete".

If the Reply has more than one reply connected directly it will ask you whether you want to delete just the reply or all replies connected to the original reply.

Confused by "unfortunately zero responses on my problem at hand, my only other post" ? Did you open another thread at AMD Forums?

Yes, under software & Drivers. 
The main reason I’m on here. 
I have an oldie but goodie Radeon HD 5870 Vapor-x

I have installed the latest drivers, I think.

Display driver: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - 2/26/2016 - 15.301.1901.0 - Signer Microsoft

Audio driver: Advanced Micro Devices - 1/16/2016 - 10.0.0.2 - Signer AMD

Also, this morning my board mfg. [MSI] downloaded latest AMD chip drivers.

Both devices working properly per device mgr.

Windows 10 Home Version 2004 - Installed 7/26/20 OS build 19041.508 - Experience pack 120.2212.310

No problems w/video using displayport but my audio is the problem....

On boot audio returns to the onboard (that's not working either, lost it about a month ago, IDK why!).

In the audio selection, I only see the onboard Realtek HD audio, no AMD.

I look at device mgr. the AMD audio device is there and "working properly".

If I uninstall the AMD audio drivers, then rescan for new hardware,

then it becomes available again and works fine, till next reboot.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

0 Likes

Maybe it is as simple as the AMD audio is not set as your default audio. 

Maybe this article will help you:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/102323-change-default-audio-playback-device-windows-10-a.html 

If not and you never want to use motherboard audio you may be able to disable it in the bios or even the device manager leaving only the audio you want

Hopefully it is just setting a default issue. 

If you have to go a bit deeper there is an audio repair tool in Windows 10 and some other things to check. 

this may help:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4520288/windows-10-fix-sound-problems 

0 Likes