cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

kenzie413
Journeyman III

How to fix 'error 43'?

I recently bought an AMD Radeon RX 550, but after having installed the driver software I am unable to use it. Underneath 'display adapters' in my windows 10 device manager, the card shows up, but with a little triangle and exclamation point next to it, y'know, indicating an error. It says, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" Any way I can fix it?

I've re-installed the software many times and got the same message each time. Opening the software itself won't work either. It tells me, "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly." I've tried everything I could. Re-installing, checking for updates, disabling anti-malware, all that stuff... No luck.

Anything I could try? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

First thing you want to try is just removing the graphics card and remounting it.

If that doesn't help try disabling the driver signature enforcement.

1. Go to the power icon via the Start menu.

2. Hold on the Shift key and select Restart.

3. Click the Troubleshoot.

4. Click the Advanced options.

5. Click the Startup Settings.

6. Click the Restart button.

7. Press the F7 key to select the Disable the driver signature enforcement.

Then repeat steps 1-6 and select safe mode with networking.

Try installing the drivers while in safe mode.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes

Tried that, but now when I try to install the driver there's a message saying "Error 192- Radeon Software install cannot proceed as your system currently has restricted installation settings active". I think it has something to do with the driver signature enforcement being off? Not sure what to do now..

0 Likes