cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

coolguy2879
Journeyman III

How to build a PC in Egypt and the components of the Case price? By the way lower price for both AMD processor and MB as well like from 109$ to 159$ each

OK! I have an old Pentium Dual Core E5700 @ 3.00 GHZ Family for sure 6 and Socket 775 LGA , L1 cache 2*32 KBytes . It is a Wolfdale 45nm Technology the CPU from Intel in the year of 2011. OK I have a RAM 8G Dual channel DDR3@399MHZ, Motherboard is ASUSTek computer INC ,P5G41C-M LX (LGA775). OK! Now wil say these things. I work the latest version of W10 Pro and just found out that if i try doing the simple card game it crashes and Photoshop CS5 or later one can't work with all of it on it. I searched if i can do more as to have Core 2 dual or Quad or Extreme to install and found out i can't as it will be a used one for the period that i spend until upgrading my Case. Now i want to have a new Case,if it can support DDR3 as you notice i have 8G of Ram and wish to use right now. I wish if i can do the AMD processor with a motherboard that cash in each not more than 109$ to 159$ for processor and MB and other things like the Case and HDD ,SD or other cards will sniff around to see what i will put. I know any Motherboard with high tech Card on will be expensive so that is why i said the amount that i can use for this PC. I wish that in like two years i can upgrade the components of the MB so that is it. August 2018, good price MB and CPU and other components if you have good idea about some. I want to use AMD for knowing it is cheap but efficient and reliable than Intel right now for my pocket . Thanks for anyone who will read or write back.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you need to purchase new RAM MEMORY than might as well purchase DDR4 type RAM. Before you purchase new RAM though, need to purchase the AM4 Motherboard and Ryzen CPU first to determine what exact DDR4 RAM you need that is listed as compatible on the motherboard's QVL List.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you google AM4 Ryzen Motherboard and CPU Combo you will see many inexpensive combos to buy. DDR3 is becoming obsolete as time goes on. You will need to purchase DDR4 RAM memory of at least 16 gigabytes. With AMD Ryzen it is critical that your purchase RAM MEMORY from the motherboard's QVL List.

Here is what came up when I googled AM4 Motherboard and CPU Combos:

In Egypt you will probably get totally different results but it should be similar to what I got here in the US.

You can purchase a AM3+ Motherboard and CPU which may be a little bit less expensive and you would be able to use your DDR3 RAM Memory, IF IT IS COMPATIBLE, I have a FX 8350 with an Asus Sabertooth FX990 gen 2.0 motherboard that has been working great since I built the computer using those components.  The Motherboard, though, is not cheap but very good quality.

Oh! Thanks for replying and I will check it out and AMD chips with MB are not much and I noticed from reading and checking the cons and the privilege of using AMD that some errors happen when do the DDR3 an old one so I have to purchase new . I know that the components that you put there is so damn cool and when did you build this PC? I need to build one that can be upgraded as well after two years or so and seems that AMD is the right choice . I take it slow with buying or thinking of grabbing the components of a new PC as all I can add to the new PC is HDD only . Will be a tough ride but so thankful for the tips .  

0 Likes

If you need to purchase new RAM MEMORY than might as well purchase DDR4 type RAM. Before you purchase new RAM though, need to purchase the AM4 Motherboard and Ryzen CPU first to determine what exact DDR4 RAM you need that is listed as compatible on the motherboard's QVL List.

Just sharing some experience with New Egg combos. Make sure you know that the combo together works together! As elstaci said check the QVL list at the MB site. Newegg has burned me with this and would not allow return without shipping and restocking fees, because they don't guarantee their combos work together.