cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ScotchFury
Challenger

Re: How high x570 chipset consider safe ?

under BIOS, AI Tweak, Performance Enhancer. Change to default if it’s on auto.

I have a very similar CPU. 3700X & I have my memory running in XMP profile @ 3600MHz..

I say something isn’t 100% it shouldn’t be getting that warm.

william258
Adept I

temp higher with default than auto

0 Likes
ScotchFury
Challenger

End up having any luck getting the chipset tempertures down..?

You don't have a video card or similar possibily blocking the chipset fan..?

Also there was a new AMD Chipset driver released a little while ago.

I'd be contacting either ASUS or where you brought it to see if you can have it checked / replaced.

william258
Adept I

Thanks ScotchFury 

Somehow I missed that chipset update although I follow hardware tech news every day. The driver has effect of avg 6c lower. First let me tell you the measures I made to prevent the temps to go crazy high 90+ c

- I opened the case side door

- I stick 140mm fan now next to the chipset cooler

- I changed the chipset thermal pad

- I took of the chipset cooler plastic cover (people say now it wont direct to fins but temps are higher when it is installed) 

all this prevent to go beyond 86c in gaming but now after new driver I get ~ 78c in gaming and 72 idle so that good still not like others reporting 50 or 60c but better than RMA.

Asus sent me 50 lines email to descript the conditions of returning the board but of course I would return it to amazon it is much easier unless it is international order but Amazon are great and offer return shipping fees !! only deduct $38 for restock anyway I wont return it now because motherboard and all electronics went higher so I would pay 3000 EGP more to buy a new decent x570 motherboard.

Thanks friend for your help I appreciate it.

0 Likes
ScotchFury
Challenger

No worries..

Maybe another future driver update or motherboard BIOS update might help bring it down a little more.

I'd still think it's worth checking with ASUS support about it just to see what they say.. Get lucky they might offer to swap it or even repair, etc.

william258
Adept I

unfortunately after some time now temps back high 83c now in idle !!

0 Likes
ScotchFury
Challenger

Is the Heat sink & fan definitely mounted and making contact correctly? No GPU, NVMe or RAM sticks possible blocking air? All other sensors are showing low temps compared with similar CPUs..? 

What's located on the MB tray under it? Is there a SSD mounted there..? Bunch of cables passing near it..? Could be adding or trapping heat..?20210615_055444.jpg

If so then either the Heat sink / fan isn't mounted correctly or defect in some way to not make proper contact or possibly slightly faulty MB.

william258
Adept I

I installed the chipset heatsink several time and tried different thermal solutions the result was the same. I also opened now the  rear side door temp is the same but thanks for the idea. I will go with that the mb seems defect because on reddit people reported return for the same problem for tuf x570 however I will keep use it because prices now are much higher for new mb

If it stopped working I will then return it. Thanks friend for the ideas and your care. 

0 Likes
ScotchFury
Challenger

No worries. Good luck with it. How are all the other temp sensors & voltage measurements..? Nothing else reading hot / warm or high or low Voltage?

william258
Adept I

all other sensors are normal thanks

0 Likes