cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

william258
Adept I

How high x570 chipset consider safe ?

I have Asus tuf x570 motherboard and the chipset temp in idle is 74c and in load 90 c is that safe ?

0 Likes
19 Replies
Captain_mbull
Adept II

Re: How high x570 chipset consider safe ?

i dont know about this type of motherboard, but if the chipset is 76 on low usage, then theres something wrong with your mobo, try cleaning it and repaste it ? i guess 

william258
Adept I

I did that same problem

0 Likes
ScotchFury
Challenger

What's the ambient / room temp at when taking the MB temps..? They can / do run rather warm but 90C odd is getting rather high...¿ 

Admitially different model, but I have the Asus Prime X570 ATX and it sits around the mid to high 70's in summer (32C - 36C) room temp.

Currently winter where I am, room temp is about 16.5C & chipset is currently idling at 56.3C.

Make sure the chipset fan is definately running and that no cables etc are covering the chipset fan area.  Almost sounds like the fan isn't kicking in or ramping up as it gets hotter? My Asus board the chipset fan doesn't kick in until the temp gets to low 60's and haven't noticed it get past 80c

Snapshot of my idle temps. Room is around 17C

Chipset Temp.png

william258
Adept I

Still not hot for summer here it is like 20c inside. The chipset fan run at 3000 ~ 4000 according to the hwinfo . I tried change thermal paste and thermal pad and moved GPU to second slot nothing worked. I am currently dropped 140mm fan leaning on the gpu and on load it reach 84c instead of 91c.

0 Likes
ScotchFury
Challenger

Seems a bit high to me… What CPU, GPU & power supply are you using..?

Does your MB have RPG light where the chipset fan is..? Mine has minimal RPG on the board but the bit it does have is under the chipset heat sink.. I noticed the temp ran a little hotter when they were enabled, but only 3 to maybe max 5c.

could we worth checking and reseating all the MB power connectors and from the PSU if it’s a modular one.

Also what temperatures are the other sensors CPU, GPU, MB etc. reading?

william258
Adept I

Yes there is RGB under the chipset, can it be disabled from the bios ?

Other temps are fine picture (idle)

Untitled.jpg

0 Likes
william258
Adept I

I found it in bios called aura and I turned it off but temp now 79.5 c !!!

0 Likes
ScotchFury
Challenger

Yeah fairly sure Asus BIOS settings should be very similar. Under Advanced, Onboard Devices, then LED Lighting & When system is in working state.20773357-06BC-4CBB-AD28-D56407A0871A.jpegFFEE7080-106E-4AB9-A37D-44533D93A48D.jpeg

william258
Adept I

81c now 

0 Likes