cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

DanielBoluda
Adept II

How can I get answer to my service ticket?

Hi,

I have opened a service ticket for what it looks a failure in my CPU which keeps me in boot loops without POST and I haven't got any answer.

I found in other forums that the way AMD can reply to you is either replying to the service request mail or opening another ticket asking for the previous one.

I have tried both without success. What do you recommend me to do?

My ticket number is ticketno:[8201050786]

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Solutions
JohnAMDUser
Adept I

I had the same problem but they eventually replied, it took a little over a week.  They then will request you to try different things and if those dont work they give you the option of opening an RMA request.  The RMAQ request isnt bad and it seems like you can do it without opening a ticket.  You do need the serial number from the CPU and part number.  They will send you an RMA number and packing label along with instructions on how to pack the CPU for shipment.  It took about a 7-10 days to get the replacement. Hope this helps

View solution in original post

So, despite my dissappointment, it looks that the solution is:

1) Fill in the service ticket at https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

2) Proactively reply to the mail you have received from  AMD with the subject:

AMD Service Notice: New Request Received {ticketno:[XXXXXXXXXX]}

Looks weird to me but every time you reply this mail a new ticket is creted so it is important to specify in the subject the number of the original ticket

The mail addresses which worked for me are: tech.support2@amd.com and Tech.support@amd.com

3) Wait, wait and wait

4) If you are unlucky like me and you need an RMA and no further troubleshooting can be done, fill in the approved RMA form at:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

5) Follow the packaging instructions given at:

http://www.amd.com/returnguidelines/en

6) Wait, and pray 

I hope this goes well to all of you. My experience (not finished yet) is not being very successful. For the price level of such components I am used to have much more friendly experience

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
trinitywarrior15
Journeyman III

I am kind of in the same spot, except I bought a 5600x 5 days ago. When I submitted a ticket they refunded me my money. Seems like they don't really know how to handle talking to people.

OMG

I hope I can get some answer. My Studio PC is down for over 3 weeks.I tried everything and the issue is in the AMD processor for sure

0 Likes

Did they replied to the service ticket somehow? I haven´t heard a work from them 

0 Likes
jerryoye
Journeyman III

I am also facing same issue if you found any solution please let me know.

0 Likes
JohnAMDUser
Adept I

I had the same problem but they eventually replied, it took a little over a week.  They then will request you to try different things and if those dont work they give you the option of opening an RMA request.  The RMAQ request isnt bad and it seems like you can do it without opening a ticket.  You do need the serial number from the CPU and part number.  They will send you an RMA number and packing label along with instructions on how to pack the CPU for shipment.  It took about a 7-10 days to get the replacement. Hope this helps

Finally they contacted me after 5 days of silence and many e-mails.

I received an unbelievable answer:

1, They estimate without reading my mail and doing any troubleshooting that some other part in my setup is faulty

2. They asked me about the mobo´s manaufacturer´s invoice and pictures from the mother board. 

3.They didn´t give me any advice about CPU troubleshooting

I already answered them with all the requirements about invoices and pictures but it really sucks

I don´t know how customer support service from Intel is but after this bad experience I am not sure to keep AMD in my next build. Too bad

Keep you posted

0 Likes

Yes they did that for me as well.  They assumed it was the video card and motherboard.  I had originally thought it might be the motherboard and ASUS asked for information and then never responded. I swapped out motherboards (I could still return it) and got the same crashes with a new board. 

I asked them what made them think the video card was bad. That is when I was told about the RMA process and went thru that. They did have me use the AMD clear utility first  to remove ALL of the AMD drivers for the video card and then try it with them in  the initial startup state, i.e. as it would look on the initial boot up. I did do that and it was the same, still failed on the installs of certain software.  That all took about a week then they told me about the RMA.  And the RMA went pretty fast about 2 days to get it approved and they do provide packing instructions. Follow those carefully and you should be good. Also FedEx is their preferred shipper but the specialty boxes they have for CPU's aren't carried by the stores.  I packaged mine in the plastic clamshell it came in then wrapped that in foam wrap.  FED Ex then wrapped that in bubble wrap and it was good to go.  Good luck let me know how it goes.  

Hi all, yesterday AMD agreed in the RMA subject to the inspection of the chip I send them back. Well let´s see what happens. The answer is not what I would expect on a such high price product, anyway:

Dear XXXX

Thank you for submitting your warranty claim.

Your request has been approved and the authorization number is: RMA#
XXXXXXXXX which is valid for the next 30 days.

Please note that we cannot process any part other than those approved
in this email.

To ensure your processor returns safely at the return center, please
review the Packing & Shipping Guidelines on the following link before
you pack your processor:

We recommend using a trackable carrier to ship your RMA return to AMD.
Please retain your carrier tracking details until you have received
your replacement.

Please ship your RMA return package to the following address:

AMD c/o Kuehne + Nagel
1 Pudongweg
Rozenburg (NH), 1437 EM
Netherlands
+44 1276 932318

Your return processor will be subjected to inspection upon arrival at
AMD returns center, and it must pass this inspection before a
replacement product is approved.

Should your return processor fail this inspection or an unauthorized
product is received, an AMD customer support representative will
contact you through email.

Best Regards,
AMD Global Customer Care

0 Likes

So, despite my dissappointment, it looks that the solution is:

1) Fill in the service ticket at https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

2) Proactively reply to the mail you have received from  AMD with the subject:

AMD Service Notice: New Request Received {ticketno:[XXXXXXXXXX]}

Looks weird to me but every time you reply this mail a new ticket is creted so it is important to specify in the subject the number of the original ticket

The mail addresses which worked for me are: tech.support2@amd.com and Tech.support@amd.com

3) Wait, wait and wait

4) If you are unlucky like me and you need an RMA and no further troubleshooting can be done, fill in the approved RMA form at:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

5) Follow the packaging instructions given at:

6) Wait, and pray 

I hope this goes well to all of you. My experience (not finished yet) is not being very successful. For the price level of such components I am used to have much more friendly experience

0 Likes

Dear all,

the issue has been solved. AMD shipped back to me a new processor 6 days after RMA application and it works just fine. 

So, it was the CPU. Mistery solved!

Now the only thing I would like to know is how a perfectly working CPU turned damaged without any intervention, no overclocking, no power outage. I was just saving a file and the computer died. So weird

AMD support was not too bad after all. A little slow in my view.

Cheers

0 Likes

Its possible.  With my CPU the software that was crashing on install, did install at one time but then problems occurred. What I did notice was that when I was installing Windows the very first time, I had a series of failures when installing the Windows updates.  The machine would crash with thread exceptions.  That occurred over and over.  The Windows logs was showing a fatal error in a CPU core but I had gotten around it by using a later version of Windows to install which contained most of the upgrades I was downloading and installing. The problem may have been there all along but with usage the problem got worse. The heating and cooling   may have finally caused the crash when saving a file and was the point at which the processor died.  For my problem the problem always manifested itself at roughly the same spot in the software installs. Any other comments on that would be appreciated

You have a point. I didn´t face these issues since the beginning but it is true that I noticed some random resets that I solved reinstalling the OS long time ago. I don´t know, I hope it was just deffective since the very begining. I really don´t want to go through this hell again

0 Likes
DanielBoluda
Adept II

Update:

Well, last Tuesday I received the confirmation from AMD that RMA was received, accepted and a replacement shipped to me. Yesterday I received another mail with the tracking number. Let's see how it works when I receive the new part.

---------------------------------------------

Dear Daniel ,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:xxxxxx]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for your email.

Please be informed, the RMA# xxxxxxxx has been authorized for your Threadripper 3960X processor with (SN# xxxxxxxxx ).

The replacement part for RMA# xxxxxxxxx has been shipped via DHL tracking# xxxxxxxxx

In order to update this service request, please respond without deleting or modifying the service request reference number in the email subject or in the email correspondence below.

Please Note: This service request will automatically close if we do not receive a response within 10 days and cannot be reopened.

If it is not feasible to respond within 10 days, feel free to open a new service request and reference this ticket for continued support.

Best regards,

-------------------------------------------

Keep you guys posted

0 Likes