cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

darkaura
Journeyman III

horrible warranty experience

i am posting here because of the most absolutely horrible warranty experience i have endured. i will also be posting in reddit and social media to raise awareness and pursure legal action against amd.

i purchased 2 amd gpu on october 2017. i still have the invoice of purchase. rcently 1 gpu stopped providing display and the other started artficating and freezes the system. i contact amd for asstiance. i make a support ticket and give all details.  i get a response saying that amd makes no gpus and that i should contact the manufacturer. this was very annoying as i knew the differnce between cards made by their partners and oem refernce amd cards. my gpu has no sticker or serial from sapphire or xfx. it only has a green sticker from amd.

i reply back saying my cards are refernce amd cards. i was asked to provide images of the card and invoice., i did provide all this informatiuon.  i get a reply after 4 days saying that i should contact the retailer from where it was purchased  and my card was not eligible for warranty.  they gave no reason as to why i am not eligible. even though my invoice clearly shows i am withing warranty period.

i have been speaking with amazon the retailer from whom i bought the cards i escalated the issue with amazon high support and the result back was that as much they wanted to help me they no longer stock these  cards and cant accept a return for a refund as it has been over 6 months since purchase. they have made it final and clear to me that only the manufacturer is responsible for warranty assistance. amazon has explained themselves and provided a valid reason as to why they cannot help. also their terms of service clearly state they only provide returns and refund for first few months since purchase.

i message amd back explaining all this information and i also threatened to take legal action if they dont stand behind their products.  they have been ignorning my emails and not  replying at all./

absolutely disgraceful customer support

0 Likes
4 Replies

These two AMD GPU cards what MAKE & MODEL are they?  Can you post a link to Amazon that shows the card you purchased from them?

Also most AMD GPU cards are manufactured by another company that uses the AMD GPU Chips like MSI, VisionTek, Gigabyte, Asus, XFX, Sapphire, etc.

If your card was made by one of the above companies, they are the ones that Warranties your GPU Cards, not AMD.

Your CARDS MAKER is responsible for warranty. AMD only makes the chip that goes on your card, they sell an OEM chip to the manufacturer. If you really have a true AMD supplied reference card(s) then likely you have cards that were never intended for public sale and no they would not have a warranty. You see cards like these on ebay and through 3rd parties on Amazon. They were test cards sent out by AMD to game developers and card makers. You were either swindled by the retailer or person selling you the card(s) or the actual card maker owes you warranty, if it is still under a valid warranty. AMD never owed you a warranty, unless you bought a product directly from AMD that carries a retail warranty, for instance boxed processors. Seems to me that AMD was trying to help you by asking for pertinent information that I'm guessing you failed to give them. They don't know who made your card either, if you can't supply that information or at least pictures, how could they? Good luck on that law suit, it will only cost you more money.

0 Likes

i dont know whats more annoying.  how you shamelessly assume many of the details or the absolute nonsense you state and your mocking good luck. i have no clue why people like you exist in there forums stating total nonsense.

Seems to me that AMD was trying to help you by asking for pertinent information that I'm guessing you failed to give them. They don't know who made your card either, if you can't supply that information or at least pictures, how could they? Good luck on that law suit, it will only cost you more money.

you guessed wrong. and again shamelessly assuming. i gave amd all information they requested. from the invoice of purchcase to picturs of the card.  they responded  by asking me to contact the retailer which i did and wasn't helpful.   and it was purchased from an authorised retailer and not any third part sellers.  i take great to buy from autorised retailers to maintian warranty.

Your CARDS MAKER is responsible for warranty. AMD only makes the chip that goes on your card, they sell an OEM chip to the manufacturer. If you really have a true AMD supplied reference card(s) then likely you have cards that were never intended for public sale and no they would not have a warranty

again you are stating absolute nonsense.  same as nvidia makes founders edition graphic cards amd makes their own referncer design graphic cards. they are usually the first releases and are sold in limited numbers.

as for an update. amd has gotten back to me today and has agreed to replace both the cards under warranty.  i am happy with outcome but wished it didnt take so long.

shall be closing this thread now. people like pokester  are the bane to any forums. its absolute shamless to make willd assumptions and then state ballant nonsense. why

0 Likes

I'm tickled you got your card situation solved. Anything that I said that was a guess was yah, trying to fill in the blanks of exactly what you DID NOT SAY. You gave no information of make or model of card to anyone it sounded like. I still don't read where you ever did. So if AMD figured it out and decided it was for them to fix, I am guessing these were pro cards? AMD never made their own line of cards to my knowledge, like the founders cards from NVIDIA like you assume. They have sold directly pro and frontier edition cards, even those are made though by the maker that makes their reference cards. They do make a reference design that they provide to OEMS but they didn't make any card beyond maybe prototypes, in any volume. But if they sold it retail then yes they would warranty that. You gave no information of that. In fact you gave none of the required information for even posting in theses forums.  You came to rant, about a situation that literally resolved itself the day you did so. So if I took some liberty of assumption trying help you understand that they don't make your card, they still don't BTW. Only if  they sell it as retail package like they do the boxed processors, which I referenced do they warranty. They don't do the warranties for them if they cards are made and sold by their card partners, one of which I am quite sure did make your cards, even if AMD did sell it to you. So if you turned out having an exception to that because you did have a reference card that is covered or pro level card that is covered by them, any response you got here was due to YOUR lack of information. So what help did you want from people with no information? How could anyone offer anything else with no information? You came here to complain and threaten lawsuit. So I help people here all the time so I am hardly a bane to forums, and read over what I said to you and don't get your cruddy response. I am happy though if you get your cards fixed or replaced. I find it so funny how are so mad over others assumptions of being correct yet you do the same thing and that's okay. What you call non-sense is still fact. People that come for real help here give the required information and don't start with threats.

0 Likes