cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

obiwan_kenobi
Journeyman III

High Temperatures

Hi all has anyone has high temperature issues with there rx570's 85 degrees and above and is it ok

any help would be great

0 Likes
4 Replies
qwixt
Forerunner

Newer cards are made to throttle at higher temperatures like 82C to 84C range. What this means is that the card will drop its performance in an attempt to run cooler. In theory, these cards can run fine under 90C, but I consider anything above this throttle temperature, 84C, as too hot. Also, if your card is air cooled, which is most likely given your question, the GPU is now increasing the temperature for every component in your case, CPU, SSDs, M.2 drives, etc...

I would definitely try to get better airflow in the case, and drop the temperature. Upper 80s is too hot, in my opinion. While in theory, you are not going to damage anything because the hardware automatically throttles down to prevent damage, the performance drops, and heat is a major evil to longevity.

0 Likes

I totally understand what you mean by that. The circulation in my case I think is ok,I have a 280mm radiator in the front with a Corsair h115i as well as two top 120mm fans and rear 120mm fan so everything else is getting good flow.

It should defiantly run around that but it doesn’t. Even with the fans running at high. That also explains the freezing and game crashing because the card is too hot,as you said it will drop in performance.

I’m glad to hear that because that’s what I’ve been worrying about, getting damaged or melting my case. Would vertically mounting it help with airflow? People are sceptical about that as they say its for show and decoration.Then why invent vertical mounting theres defiantly a reason. But in terms with getting good airflow it seems like a good choice especially for the top fans pulling as well as the rear and the heatsink is better exposed then facing down. Because hot air rises as we all know so maybe the air flow would be a lot better.

0 Likes

The thing that i didnt mention is i set my Gpu fans to run at 100% when it reaches 85 degrees but the temperature doesnt come down and all the fans  it spin fromfrom around 3800rpm to 4200rpm which is weird thats what i dont understand.The temperatures get to those after 10min of gaming too.Could Drivers and software cause this problem or the Global wattman in the amd software.Ive tried msi afterburner and the temperatures are identical

0 Likes
saywhut
Challenger

You also have to consider your ambient temperature -- is it hot in the environment?

Also you can set a more aggressive fan curve in wattman to lower the temps. 

0 Likes