cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

unit5alive
Journeyman III

Hi bought a Amd fire pro 5100 card for my dellm4800 laptop, when i run cpu-z if comes up as amd radeon R9 M200x is that normal? it performs worse than the on board m4600 on board graphics card the ebay seller says it the same thing !

Hi bought a Amd fire pro 5100 card for my dellm4800 laptop, when i run cpu-z if comes up as amd radeon R9 M200x is that normal? it performs worse than the on board m4600 on board graphics card the ebay seller says it the same thing !

0 Likes
3 Replies

Here is Dell latest Firepro Laptop driver for your GPU Card: Support for Precision M4800 | Drivers & Downloads | Dell US 

It should correctly identify your GPU card. Sometimes Drivers (Normally Generic Laptop drivers) may not correctly identify the correct GPU card installed but it still is compatible.

Also go to Dell Download page for your Laptop and update all of your Intel drivers especially the Intel Graphics and CHIP set drivers from here: Support for Precision M4800 | Drivers & Downloads | Dell US 

The Intel drivers should be first updated before updating the AMD Graphics driver.

Plus you have an Urgent BIOS update from 2018, same download page.

NOTE: Use GPU-Z and see what it says you have installed on your laptop.

0 Likes
unit5alive
Journeyman III

Thank you very much !

0 Likes

This previous AMD Thread concerning the same issue you are asking about the FirePro M5100 showing up as a R9 M200X GPU Card: Differentiating FirePro and Radeon cards by Device ID? 

Moderator Dipak from above AMD Thread answer the question:

Download and run GPU-Z. That will show the Hardware DEVICE ID. If you post an image of GPU-Z I would be able to tell you what GPU card you have installed from the Device ID in GPU-Z.

0 Likes