cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

tonyv6815
Journeyman III

Game Stuttering with 5800x

Hi all. I am having a problem with my system where at certain moments there is a significant stutter. I will have a very high average fps although I will consistently see a stutter in a game when it seems like something is loading in the background. Examples of this is when entering a new room in Resident Evil 2 and when I open/close the map in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. When the stutter occurs I will get a sudden spike in cpu temp and usage but it will quickly return to normal. This happens very consistently and in most games

Things I have tried to resolve this:

-GPU driver update

-MB chipset update

-Fresh Windows install

-New ram

My system:

-ryzen 7 5800x

-Powercolor rx6800(reference cooler)

-Asus ROG STRIX B550-F

-Corsair Vengance 2x16gb @3600

-EVGA Supernova 750W PSU

Any help would be appreciated, my next step is to start swapping components and I'd like to avoid that if possible

2 Replies
Casper89
Journeyman III

I have a similar problem with my system had a 3700x before and swapped over to 5800x only a few days ago to discover my games actually run a bit smoother with the 3700x . I tried loads of "fixes" for the stutter without any luck :

- cache empty on memory 

- ryzen master settings 

- power plan settings 

- bios settings 

- dram calculator 

- fresh windows install 

System specs : 

-Asus rog strix x570-e motherboard 

-3700x / 5800x processor 

- 16 gb corsair Vengeance Pro Rgb 2x8GB 3600mhz cl18

- rtx 3070 fe graphics card 

- evga supernova g3 850w psu 

- sabrent rocket nvme m.2 drive 

Casper89
Journeyman III

Had similar issues with mine until today.  Took me more than 3 days to figure it out . If you're running ram at xmp or docp settings just go set the speed manually to 3200mhz and fclock to 1600 and give it a try like that . For some reason it seems it doesn't like corsair ram sticks . 🤷‍

0 Likes