cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

chris1969
Adept II

Re: Freesync recommendations by AMD?

ok now try to change fan curves and fan speed like in the image., i make sure my fans spin at 100% before it reaches 60 degrees, you can change that to what ever you want, but make sure you stay under 76 or 80 degrees.

Depending when the blinking starts and gpu temps is at that moment you want to stay under that temp.and fan speeds run at 100 %.

untitled.png

0 Likes
zargan
Adept II

Hey,

thats the first thing i checked. My temps are always below 70°.

It also makes no sense that that short black screens are only there when Radeon Chill is enabled. =)

0 Likes
chris1969
Adept II

I personally don't use chill but antilag, tried chill and without warning I get a black screen the game and sometimes the pc freezes compleelty.

I use a custom fan setting and feq, setup, when referting back to amd default, I can use chill but have same issues as you describe, and gpu gets way to hot until it freezes shows aritfacting and /or total crash.

When loading back my personal prefs, I tried chill and back is the black screen and no resppnce from pc at all.

Stop using chill but use antilag instead, and no more problems on my end.

Conculsion is basically chill with personal setting on your radeon card is causing issues, stop using chill and your fine.

Chill is bugged.

zargan
Adept II

Ah okay. Its calming to know that im not the only one. Its a new card and things like that are very scary becaue you start believe in a damaged card.

Its a bit sad because in that moments where Chill just do his job without makes blackscreens, it feels pretty smoothy. I will use antilag too until there is a known fix for Chill. Works too very well but for my feeling Chill seems to work a little better (when it works). =)

Thank you again.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Almost all monitors in the past 2 years now widely support the FreeSync standard. The trend is for universal adoption looking forward as there is no royalty to pay.

0 Likes