so   i purchased this

HP Compaq 6005 Pro Microtower PC

( refurbished)  on running  "dxdiag" i  noted it stated the following

BIOS:  STATING  "DEFAULT" BIOS  just  below  the system model  information   

i have also attached some  photos below  

you can check out the whole  video  in link  below

DXDIAG SYSTEM INFORMATION BIOS STATING "DEFAULT" BIOS - YouTube

a friend sent me a screen of his  system information  by running

'dxdiag"    notice the difference i have also attached a photo  of  his screenshot  

guys help  please is this because am  using an amd processor  or ????   

i was able to  check the motherboard serial number under  the system  information  tab   in the computers bios set up (  by pressing  f10) on start  up 

and it matched  with the sticker on the  computers   outer casing

went to  the official Hp site ( HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support )to  download latest  bios update  

but nothing has changed    

please help  guys  

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Since the BIOS is provided by HP, I would suggest you contact them to clarify the issue.

DxDiag is quite likely the most useless program that Microsoft refuses to kill, hasn't been relevant for...I'd say at least a decade. Press Windows Key + R, type msinfo32, and that'll give you a better idea of the basics of your system. For example, mine, as I'm on my Surface Pro 3 currently. If you want more, there's a free little program called Speccy.

0 Likes

This is the BIOS that you updated to: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support .

Try changing something in the BIOS and see if DxDiag still indicates Default System BIOS. DxDiag could be just saying your BIOS still has its Default settings from the factory,  which means it is still in its original Default Settings. If you have changed some settings in BIOS and it still showing "Default System BIOS" than you need to,  as previously mentioned, to contact HP Support to find out why.

Or download SPECCY (free program) and see if it says the same thing or shows the actual BIOS installed, as also mentioned previously.

0 Likes