cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Sebastiannox98
Journeyman III

doom eternal image freezing on amd rx 6600

This is something that has been happening to me since i bought the game, i remember testing it on game pass for like a few hours a couple of years ago when i had a gtx 1060 and this didnt happen, theres no warning, theres no "not responding" (at best it indicates the game is not using the gpu anymore) in the task manager, the game just freezes with music and sound effects still going, i can alt tab the game and kill it from task manager but still, is pretty weird, reinstalling it only solves the issue for a while and just goes back to freezing after like a few minutes of playing. No other game gives me this issue and no one in the support channel in the official doom eternal discord nor reddit or even techsupport forums know why this is happening, i wanna think this is a vulkan issue since this is the only related term i find for people with this same issue-

Im currently runing the latest driver of adrenaline software

• gpu: rx 6600
  • ram: 16gb
  • cpu: intel i5-8400
  • MOBO: asus tuf z390-plus wifi with the latest bios driver (the game was already having this issues before the update)
  • the monitor (144hz with g-sync and freesync) is plugged to my gpu with a displayport cable.

And no, disabling computing, lowering the setting and the vsync doesnt work either.

0 Likes
3 Replies
MAG1993
Journeyman III

I have the exact same issue! I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, verifying files, updating my bios, you name it. I hope someone has a solution soon.

0 Likes
MAG1993
Journeyman III

Ok so apparently this worked for a couple of people https://www.reddit.com/r/radeon/comments/11jfbsp/doom_eternal_screen_freeze/

Doing this as we speak. I'll report back if anything changes.

0 Likes
KiiLLu
Journeyman III

Hey Buddy,

Got the same problem atm and many user too , since AMD Update Doom eternal keeps randomly crashing like you said, freeze screen, sound still on, no error message pop up, no sign in task manager that it crashed, only forcing to close with Taskmanager...

Some people find a solution , Just go backwards to 22.11.2 and it works ... I was trying it by myself and it worked.. but now my other games tell me that my AMD Driver might be to low .....it sucks ... AMD please fix it ! 

0 Likes