cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

AnilAmd
Journeyman III

Display driver of My Radeon R9 M375 in my Lenovo Z51-70 laptop with Windows 10 Crashes

when I install the display driver of my AMD Radeon R9 M375 card in my windows 10 my laptop freezes and when I restart  my PC by force shutdown , laptop gets stuck in black screen . but when I uninstall the graphics card driver through safe mode laptop works fine but without any graphic related task.

Laptop Specs are

Lenovo Z51-70(bought in 2016 so nearly 6 year old laptop)

Intel Core i7 5500U @ 2.40GHz

Graphics Card - AMD Radeon R9 M375  & Intel HD Graphics 5500

RAM - 8GB

I have found some people facing similar problem in discussions but unable to converse with them because they are very old discussions and apparently they are inactive nowadays .

if someone can help me out with this problem then it would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
8 Replies

If you look in Device manager you will probably see yellow error marks in Display.

The Intel graphics must be updated to the latest version before installing a AMD graphics driver. Go to Intel support and run their driver finder application. Install the latest drivers and updates. Reboot and install the latest AMD driver > https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-300-series/amd-radeon-r9-...

Reboot

0 Likes

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem since almost a year, and tried this solution to clean up everything then update Intel driver, then install the newest AMD driver, but also nothing...

i just tried "radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-22.6.1" and also no success, did anyone find a real solution for that?

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

Download your drivers from Lenovo website..

laptops and netbooks :: lenovo z series laptops :: z51 70 Lenovo PC Support - Lenovo Support GB

If they work, then keep those drivers..

They are old, but that is the problem you get with laptops.. Drivers are normally made for certain configurations..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

I have a problem with my lenovo's z51-70 gpu (amd r9 m375). I am using windows 10 the last 6 months and I noticed that the gpu isn't recognizable by the system. Before (windows 7) I managed to download the drivers and have it work. I have tried: All the drivers from lenovo's official site All the driver softwares from amd (adrenaline, catalyst) Checked the bios to be switchable graphics. Tried to detect any changes through device manager with no luck. Next step is to open the laptop and check the gpu physically. Anyone got any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks a lot.

0 Likes

Ive faced the same issue for quite some time, the exact same model. Ive found no solutions sadly but im starting to think it might be a hardware issue, the problem is, a LOT of people have had the exact same issue which somewhat concerns me, is this rlly a hardware issue or a driver issue

0 Likes
andrewG2
Journeyman III

i just tried "radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-22.6.1" and also no success, did anyone find a real solution for that?

0 Likes

If it's a laptop, you need to use the ones from Lenovo..

Even if they are old and out of date, they normally design the card and can change the drivers to work for the laptops they manufacture..

sometimes if your lucky the ones direct from AMD will work, but from experience they quite often don't..

If they don't work, it probably the GPU failing..

It is an old laptop, so probably see if you can get a used motherboard or a new laptop..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

I would've assumed it to be a hardware issue, but given the fact that so many people faced the same problem, that too at the approximately  the same time, somewhat indicates that it might not be the case.